Thread: CC referendum

Iconwhl CC referendum

How many here think Cory Clouston is living on his past successes and is out of touch with this team?
    He certainly had little success in Ottawa and seems to be making the same mistakes here in Brandon. Or is the all powerful and ever watchful shadow of KM undermining CC with the players?
    I'm hearing the following: 1. over plays top 5 2. arrogant 3. uncommunicative. Maybe he's expecting a call up to the show .... I think it will be a long, long wait. Fans take heart .... he's only got a one year contract and there's no chance of another good goalie smashing his fist against the wall in frustration ...... why? because BWK don't have another good goalie LOL

Iconwhl

personally looking at just numbers only & not having seen the WKs play yet this year i would suggest there is too much attention drawn to OFFENSE & not enough to DEFENSE which was a KM cornerstone every 1 of his teams always paid lots of detail to defense, the WKs r a high scoring team but also give up alot of goals as well, does Clouston want to win 7-6 instead of 3-1?

Losing the player that kept you in a ton of games is tough. Anderson is no where near the tender that Boes is. I thought that Boes would have been Brandon's MVP up until the end of Nov.

Losing your best player and best defender would mean the coaching staff will have to change game plans and maybe some systems. Is it the lack of adaptablity of the coaching staff or the players? I guess time will tell.

I don't know what you are getting at.

Number 1 we weren't supposed to be a top team this year. We were supposed to be a bottom playoff team. We have alot of young guys and 1 real top line.

I have to agree from a far with Joe. Brandon looks to be a pretty good team for a few years. Some good young talent on the team and some promising prospects. I don't think anyone pegged Brandon to be a serious contender prior to the season but they have sure shown well so far. Second in the East and 5 in the confrence is pretty impressive. As a fan of the other WHL team at the Brandon Memorial Cup, I would happily see my favourite team competing like Brandon has this season.

Default Attention to Defence?

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    personally looking at just numbers only & not having seen the WKs play yet this year i would suggest there is too much attention drawn to OFFENSE & not enough to DEFENSE which was a KM cornerstone every 1 of his teams always paid lots of detail to defense, the WKs r a high scoring team but also give up alot of goals as well, does Clouston want to win 7-6 instead of 3-1?
    Kelly ran a dump and chase, run and gun team every single year. Sure, we've had great defencemen, but goaltending and defence is why we don't have a Mem Cup banner in our arena from 2010. Jacob DeSerres gave a valiant effort. But going to the Mem Cup with Schneider, Melnychuk and Bestland as half your D core, deep down we knew what to expect. If we deal Melnychuk and grab another OA forward, and bring in a big physical 19 yr. old D man, we will be okay back there. We also need an upgrade on the second scoring line from Ciarelli. Those few tweaks, and we would be awesome.

But fans don't call the shots, we just sit on here and hope for the best. But nobody can blame Clouston for our stumbles as of late. after 36 games(exactly half a season) we have 20 wins. That puts us on pace for 40 wins. Not bad for the second year of a rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wheatiemaniac View Post
    Kelly ran a dump and chase, run and gun team every single year. Sure, we've had great defencemen, but goaltending and defence is why we don't have a Mem Cup banner in our arena from 2010. Jacob DeSerres gave a valiant effort. But going to the Mem Cup with Schneider, Melnychuk and Bestland as half your D core, deep down we knew what to expect. If we deal Melnychuk and grab another OA forward, and bring in a big physical 19 yr. old D man, we will be okay back there. We also need an upgrade on the second scoring line from Ciarelli. Those few tweaks, and we would be awesome.

But fans don't call the shots, we just sit on here and hope for the best. But nobody can blame Clouston for our stumbles as of late. after 36 games(exactly half a season) we have 20 wins. That puts us on pace for 40 wins. Not bad for the second year of a rebuild.
    To many D men with our best prospect playing forward, so get another one??
    I've also heard the Boese story and of frustrations with CC at all player levels. Running the "Rat Bag" off top 9 players, Double shift, PP, PK and no rookie developement in the first half of the year...Let alone the Goaltending coin flipping! Sorry but wow! A monkey can tell this team will hit a wall! not even a smart monkey! I challenge all to Just watch the bench! It's ugly That's all CC. even Luber and company are starting to query on the game shows. Joe I'm a fan of your blogs But, who cares what we expected last year of this year! Look what we have in the arsonal now. I'll end this little rant like this, IMHO the top guns on this team didn't develope into the players their becoming this year by sitting on the bench last year!

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by dubfanman View Post
    How many here think Cory Clouston is living on his past successes and is out of touch with this team?
    He certainly had little success in Ottawa and seems to be making the same mistakes here in Brandon. Or is the all powerful and ever watchful shadow of KM undermining CC with the players?
    I'm hearing the following: 1. over plays top 5 2. arrogant 3. uncommunicative. Maybe he's expecting a call up to the show .... I think it will be a long, long wait. Fans take heart .... he's only got a one year contract and there's no chance of another good goalie smashing his fist against the wall in frustration ...... why? because BWK don't have another good goalie LOL
    A Coach that dwells on the negative is seldom a good motivater .

Quote Originally Posted by dubfanman View Post
    This post is looking wiser every day!!!