Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Victoria at Portland 28 and 30 Dec

Quote Originally Posted by CdnSailor View Post
    I keep wondering why you keep saying 1st season. If they were 1st season I would have no problem bowing down to you coach, but they have been around for 6 years now.
    They are just a transfer from the mainland to the island. If they were still over in Chilliwack they would still be in the same position. I imagine the fans over there would be just as upset as they are getting over here. (Except for you of course) as this is what you expect after a 6 year team.
    Other then you, a true ECHL fan, nobody you knows junior hockey is upset at the royals. Maybe you should engross yourself in the junior hockey that victoria provides all over and learn something. I may not be the brightest bulb on the block but the Royals have only been in Victoria 1 season, what happened in other cities means absolutely f all. How does a sailor count? This is Junior hockey and you best get used to it, it will change yearly and we will see great seasons and seasons like this one. They are not paid "Professionals" so get over yourself.
    Last edited by CdnSailor; 01-01-2012 at 02:51 AM. Reason: being neative to fellow Canadians who like professional hockey

Default Give It A Chance

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    Other then you, a true ECHL fan, nobody you knows junior hockey is upset at the royals. Maybe you should engross yourself in the junior hockey that victoria provides all over and learn something. I may not be the brightest bulb on the block but the Royals have only been in Victoria 1 season, what happened in other cities means absolutely f all. How does a sailor count? This is Junior hockey and you best get used to it, it will change yearly and we will see great seasons and seasons like this one. They are not paid "Professionals" so get over yourself.
    Marc Habschield is in his 2nd season with the franchise. This is a coach who has a Memorial Cup ring. The people who ran the franchise before him were not bad hockey people, but did not have the prowess of Mr. Habschield.

Trust in him, and he will build you a winning team.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wheatiemaniac View Post
    Marc Habschield is in his 2nd season with the franchise. This is a coach who has a Memorial Cup ring. The people who ran the franchise before him were not bad hockey people, but did not have the prowess of Mr. Habschield.

Third season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wheatiemaniac View Post

I have no problem with them building a winning team. What I dislike is their lack of discipline with the game and then being so tired they cannot play. Watching all the games it gets really tiring of the excuses that come up each post game show. I played hockey for years and when we screwed up we were benched until we learned. Yes we lost games because of the benching, but we learned fast. Very embarrasing to sit on the bench with a few others while our team mates busted their butts to try and win a game short handed by 3 to 5 players.
    We are getting the crowds because it is new, but if they keep losing especially on home ice fans will stop coming. This was even evident when the ECHL was in town.

Iconwhl

The Royals have plenty of offense with Sundher . Crooks , Soudek and Nelson with Hodges and Magee chipping in ! There glaring problem is defense and a good 20 year old defenseman that looks after his end first and can eat up s ome minutes would make a world of difference !! With only two 20 year olds on the roster it blows me away that this problem was not addressed especially given the iffy nature of 19 year d man Tyler Stahl and his concussion issues !!!

Iconwhl Sundher

Kevin Sundher is an elite hockey player and congrats on signing with Buffalo !!
    However in my humble oppinion he needs another year in junior rather than jumping to the AHL next year. Kevin needs to work on his defensive play and faceoffs before he is ready to make the jump to AHL . The NHL is famous for rushing these young guys to pro hockey when being a stud in Major junior for another year would do so much more for there confidence and development !!
    Sundher , Crooks , Nelson would be a dynamite line for the Royals next season and there are many examples of why rushing young guys to pro hockey doesnt work . Ryan Howse in Abbotsford instead of Victoria is a prime example and there are many more !!

Default oops....

Quote Originally Posted by BruinsFan19 View Post
    Third season.
    sorry, my bad. But given another year, he will make a solid team on the Island. Eveything takes time. Some things seem to take forever, but are worth it in the end. Keep the faith.

i am just as happy as a pig in **** with how the season has gone...i was not expecting a Memorial Cup team,and i am getting entertained every night...

Default The 80's.....

Quote Originally Posted by the Royal Flush View Post
    i am just as happy as a pig in **** with how the season has gone...i was not expecting a Memorial Cup team,and i am getting entertained every night...
    I have been a Wheat Kings fan since 1973. I survived the disaster that the 80's were on our franchise. And we grew into a perennial powerhouse. Things will get better.

Quote Originally Posted by the Royal Flush View Post
    Looks like it is the anti-junior fan "Sailor" who has the problem. There is more then the hockey quality that provides entertainment value in the Junior leagues.