Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd Half

Quote Originally Posted by The Wheatiemaniac View Post
    For last place, I don't think you could possibly catch Everett if you tried. I think they will even unload more than you guys. From there, the first pick will be all theirs.
    Excellent point...and from a Wheaties fan, no less.

-Wapitikev

Quote Originally Posted by the voice View Post
    I think we are heading in the right direction player wise. Bruno may tweek after this weekend and likely for the better. You have to admit the Herrod deal was a good one for the Raiders and for Herrod (I think Bruno cared about that). Yes we lost bad last game, but McVeigh lived up to his end of that deal. Plus we gained a few years of use in a player. We have many good younger players who will get better. Some are playing roles and may break out offensively when asked to. Some have been injured and haven't had a chance to get rolling. If the scouts pick up a few more free agents and have prospects come in next fall and challenge the current crop, we improve yet again. So while top end teams this year may be heavy in the potent older players, some day they will have to rebuild......likely about the time the current young Raiders hit their stride.
    Surprisingly, I agree with all of the above provided that Bruno moves the 20 year olds and maybe Corbin for some younger assets.

Default Just wanna say......

Quote Originally Posted by Raider Believer View Post
    Surprisingly, I agree with all of the above provided that Bruno moves the 20 year olds and maybe Corbin for some younger assets.
    Kudos to the Raiders fans for the reception of Mark Stone after the presentation to him for winning a bronze medal. Nice touch to recognize a guy who sacrificed his Christmas holiday to proudly represent our country.

i remember doing the same for trevor kidd as well in pa when he was a wheatking. Prince Albert has always been very classy in that regard for any teams players who have represented Canada.

it was actually sad that Clouston made him dress, he deserved a day off, his tank was on empty and deserved a day off.

Default He was probably given the choice.....

Quote Originally Posted by AAAScout View Post
    i remember doing the same for trevor kidd as well in pa when he was a wheatking. Prince Albert has always been very classy in that regard for any teams players who have represented Canada.

it was actually sad that Clouston made him dress, he deserved a day off, his tank was on empty and deserved a day off.
    But you're right. Now he'll be tanked for both games.

ok wapitikev since its the trade deadline time now and that means it has been 5 full years since bruno was fully handed the reigns as gm. can you stop saying we are in year 4 of the magical 5 year plan ?

also parker bailing for the money and ego ???? oh my god a major junior player signed a nhl contract after working his ass off in camp to get it. and has played well in the ahl. will you say the same about mcneill if he plays in chicago next year ?

as far as the deadline goes the returns i want to see are 94 born players maybe 95's. 2013 picks which could be used to aquire players next summer might be smart also.
    looking ahead to next season our 3 92's would be ? yaworski, bardaro, and one of bouris hart, corbin (personally i like bouris) has wasalynko done enough to unload corbin and or hart ?
    Last edited by Dwight Schrute; 01-08-2012 at 12:01 AM.

Nice to see Bourhis back there for a stint. I threw that out there earlier in a fall post mainly because he will be 20 and that should be held by a scoring forward. As a d-man, he could be a tough shut down d man that can also cover up front next year if injuries happen or players away. He may not be top 4 d, but likely in lineup every night. If Yaworski and Bourhis are on d, that adds toughness, supports the youth, and a player like Braid can get back to being offensive and yet tough...in the Lucic mould. Will be tough to say farewell to any of the players that may go. As for people bringing up Bruno's 5 year plan, you have to admit the Raiders are fielding a competetive team as we sit. Playoffs or no playoffs, it's entertaining and currently successful. What Bruno has done 2,3,4 years ago is fading. It's the old "what have you done lately?", and in my eyes he's done well. Perhaps it coincides with his concentrating on GM duties only. I'm sure the three coaches are doing their part. Knock on wood, we keep progressing and we keep enjoying the turnaround.

Quote Originally Posted by the voice View Post
    Nice to see Bourhis back there for a stint. I threw that out there earlier in a fall post mainly because he will be 20 and that should be held by a scoring forward. As a d-man, he could be a tough shut down d man that can also cover up front next year if injuries happen or players away. He may not be top 4 d, but likely in lineup every night. If Yaworski and Bourhis are on d, that adds toughness, supports the youth, and a player like Braid can get back to being offensive and yet tough...in the Lucic mould. Will be tough to say farewell to any of the players that may go. As for people bringing up Bruno's 5 year plan, you have to admit the Raiders are fielding a competetive team as we sit. Playoffs or no playoffs, it's entertaining and currently successful. What Bruno has done 2,3,4 years ago is fading. It's the old "what have you done lately?", and in my eyes he's done well. Perhaps it coincides with his concentrating on GM duties only. I'm sure the three coaches are doing their part. Knock on wood, we keep progressing and we keep enjoying the turnaround.
    The team looked very, very good last night. The youngsters are coming into their own and ..... yes, I agree that since Bruno has been relieved of his coaching duties, the team has progressed, which is a further evidence of what a horrific coach he was. Hopefully he does what is necessary as a GM between now and January 10th, recently his GM decisions have been very good, and in fairness I think he is a pretty good GM, as long as he isn't allowed to have actual contact or communication with the players. The coaches and players are doing their jobs and the team is playing exciting and entertaining hockey right now.

Holewenko has always been a little streaky, a good technical and positonal keeper but suspect in close and maybe lacking a little in athleticism IMO. And please don't jump all over the place with this assessment ... I've watched him in every place he's played, excepting the couple of games in Chilliwack, including the Centennials in Merritt, Westside and minor hockey tournaments where he backstopped for Penticton where another good '93 keeper hails from .... Darren Hogg.
    Jan 7/2012 vs. Brandon
    Did I say that maybe there might be goaltending issues???

Default That was us against S'toon and Edmonton.

Jan 7/2012 vs. Brandon
    Did I say that maybe there might be goaltending issues???
    It was a close til the third. I know you all didn't want to see that. But we needed that spark. Now we can both wonder for different reasons.....how long will this last?