Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline: Who's Untouchable

Default Trade Deadline: Who's Untouchable

Besides the obvious, being Stone and Ferland, who can we not afford to part with in search of upgrades at the deadline?

Pulock,Roy,Nikkel and Seaman

Hawryluk,Papirnry and Pankiewicz from the prospect list.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wheatiemaniac View Post
    Besides the obvious, being Stone and Ferland, who can we not afford to part with in search of upgrades at the deadline?
    Imho, It all depends on the usual question, are we going deep and a championship contender this year or building towards next year.... If it's about this year I agree Stone and Ferland are key! but in terms of next year they have to be traded now while thier worth something to somebody.

Talking with a relative who lives in Red Deer and the rumor out of there is Petrovic will be traded and Brandon is front runner. I could see a guy like Waltz and a forward prospect go their

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
    Talking with a relative who lives in Red Deer and the rumor out of there is Petrovic will be traded and Brandon is front runner. I could see a guy like Waltz and a forward prospect go their
    I'd rather it be Kuzcek, because it would be better for his development. With the d the Wheaties will have back next year, plus Nikkel and maybe Waltz being ahead of him on the depth chart already, there won't be any playing time for him.

Default Petrovic

This would be a major power move to add him to our blueline. We need to cut down our shots against per game. He would definitely help that cause greatly. He also has a pretty wicked shot too. It would cost alot, but well worth it. I would love to see us also pick up a scoring center for 1st or 2nd line usage. There are some good overage centers that could be available. Vause(SC), Braes(LETH), or 19 yr. old Kevin Sundher from Victoria.

I just don't want to see Walker leave. He's a solid scoring threat that knows how to find the net.

can't see another D man comming in?? where's the logic? IMO we will shake an older D man + prospect and gain a forward. KM has no reason other than keep it simple.

Default Petrovic

Quote Originally Posted by WHLFANMAN View Post
    can't see another D man comming in?? where's the logic? IMO we will shake an older D man + prospect and gain a forward. KM has no reason other than keep it simple.
    Alex Petrovic is not just another D man. He is a major difference maker. He has size and offensive skills. He's like a Travis Hamonic clone. For a guy like this, you make room.

This would be a major power move to add him to our blueline. We need to cut down our shots against per game. He would definitely help that cause greatly. He also has a pretty wicked shot too. It would cost alot, but well worth it. I would love to see us also pick up a scoring center for 1st or 2nd line usage. There are some good overage centers that could be available. Vause(SC), Braes(LETH), or 19 yr. old Kevin Sundher from Victoria.

I just don't want to see Walker leave. He's a solid scoring threat that knows how to find the net.
    You do realize a forwards role in the D zone I'm assuming. LOL and I'm a Walker fan too IMO he's the best defensive forward we have by far!! aaaaaaand can score!

Alex Petrovic is not just another D man. He is a major difference maker. He has size and offensive skills. He's like a Travis Hamonic clone. For a guy like this, you make room.
    Sorry not as familiar with him. Sounds like a strong 92'. Will do more research! Don't we have a Homonic clone?