Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline: Who's Untouchable

Iconwhl

more physical then most of the blueliners u guys have no tho, with the exception of Miller

Quote Originally Posted by The Wheatiemaniac View Post
    blah, blah, blah......BTW, thanks for Hamonic, hows Erhardt working out? I thought so.
    Quite nicely thanks a lot better than what WK put on the ice most nights . White is on our roster & on U 17 Morse & Uhrich on the horizon . I see Hamonic did a lot for ya what do you have to show for that . NOTHING
    GO WARRIORS GO

This turned into a real childish debate. It just looks bad all around.

Quote Originally Posted by chalk_one_up View Post
    This turned into a real childish debate. It just looks bad all around.
    Ya I'm done trying to discuss hockey with the maniac poster . Apparently he didn't know we got more than Erhardt in that trade .Stones doing well 2 more tonight .
    GO WARRIORS GO

I don't get it. Two years ago the Wheaties were stacked and running the league and still got beat out in the third round of the playoffs. This team is no where near as good as that team even with a few trades. Not sure how you all think we can make a run at the mem cup with a team that isn't as good as the one we had two years ago and they couldnt do it.

That team was really good a few years ago but still had some issues. Plus right now in this league there is no team like Calgary which was as good or maybe better then that high powered Wheat Kings team.

I also think Stone is a better junior player then anyone on that Wheat Kings team right now.

That team really didn't get rolling till Urbom settled into the league and we got Raedeke for some center depth

Quote Originally Posted by The Wheatiemaniac View Post
    There isn't a team in the league that wouldn't want Petrovic on their team. I know what a difference maker he would be on our blueline. I'd even help Melnychuk pack.
    The cost for Petrovic would probably be a blue chip youngster the caliber of Ayrton Nikkel. I can't imagine KM selling that kind of future ... altho maybe CC could be persuaded because he hasn't been using Nikkel in his natural position, maybe he doesn't see what the rest of the hockey world is seeing. Stoon is still kicking themselves in the ass for rolling the dice on Schenn this time last year and losing Nikkel.

The Blades may have lost on their gamble but Kootenay won on theirs

If you never go for it you are never going to win it

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
    The Blades may have lost on their gamble but Kootenay won on theirs

If you never go for it you are never going to win it
    well said...

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    There are a few teams in the East who would love the WK's to sell this year! But I don't think we're sellers. Kelly didn't want to sell off the farm last year while he thought the team had some promise, and this team is a lot better than last years, combine that with all the parity in the East (except for Kooteney) and you don't sell. If Ferland and Stone stay healthy how can you not try and build a team around them in their last year? It would have to be stupid offers (calling Uncle Lorne and the Blades!) for the WK's to deal one of those guys away.
    If we stand pat we'll finish mid pack and can win a round in the playoffs. If we make a couple smaller deals we have the potential to win up to 2 rounds maybe. If we get average goaltending (which, to be fair, Anderson has given us since Boes went down, 3.16 GAA and .916 SVP) and a good 2nd line center 18 year old, we could make some noise up to the 3rd round.
    We do need to have a compliment of 14 or 15 forwards (and stop using Nikkel/Kuzcek as forwards) and get rid of one of the older d-men to make room for Nikkel.
    Last year I really wanted us to be sellers, it made sense with the team we had, this year, it makes sense to be small buyers!
    Couldn't agree more!