Thread: Any More Deals?

Default Any More Deals?

Chiefs unloading anyone else of interest. I'm curious.

Iconcup

I'm guessing after what happened with the Bardaro trade (getting younger) and from what has been said at times in the local paper, I expect to see some more moves from Speltz in the next couple of days building for the future. But there is definately not as much of a rumor mill going around like there seems to be with some of these other teams and their potential moves

Default What other players......

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerfan View Post
    I'm guessing after what happened with the Bardaro trade (getting younger) and from what has been said at times in the local paper, I expect to see some more moves from Speltz in the next couple of days building for the future. But there is definately not as much of a rumor mill going around like there seems to be with some of these other teams and their potential moves
    might the Chiefs make available? We need veteran scoring depth and an upgrade on the blueline.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wheatiemaniac View Post
    might the Chiefs make available? We need veteran scoring depth and an upgrade on the blueline.
    This is only my opinion and doesn't reflect anything that I have heard, but I think that there may be several players that are available to be moved for the right price. One name that strikes me is Kichton. If Speltz believes the Islanders plan on keeping Kichton in the AHL next year he may be on the block. We have alot of good young depth at defence and it might make sense if we get what we need in return.....I guess we'll see over the next few days.

Default Carter Proft.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerfan View Post
    This is only my opinion and doesn't reflect anything that I have heard, but I think that there may be several players that are available to be moved for the right price. One name that strikes me is Kichton. If Speltz believes the Islanders plan on keeping Kichton in the AHL next year he may be on the block. We have alot of good young depth at defence and it might make sense if we get what we need in return.....I guess we'll see over the next few days.
    How has Proft looked since coming over? I really was not happy that we dealt him away. I think he's a dark horse prospect we will regret giving away so cheap.

How has Proft looked since coming over? I really was not happy that we dealt him away. I think he's a dark horse prospect we will regret giving away so cheap.
    Proft is a hard working player that fits very well into our system playing a role that he is asked to play. He's a smart player that makes the right plays that always need to be made. Those plays don't always get noticed or talked about. Not overly talented offensively but I like him.

Side note: Looks like that trade for Fiddler is working out ok for us
    w/ PA 36GP 4G 6A 10Pts.
    w/SPO 6GP 4G 3A 7Pts.
    Playing on the first line and looks good playing the defensive side of the game as well.

Guys like Uher, Kichton and Gal are all players I think Speltz may look at moving if the price is right. All indications are that the Chiefs are in rebuild mode but as Steelerfan stated the rumor mill has been surprisingly silent. If the Chiefs don't move some of their pieces looking toward the future I think it will be a missed opportunity. I can't see the Chiefs beating the Ams, Blazers or Winterhawks in a 7 game series this year. The Chiefs have some great players on their PPL and they've already made a nice move picking up Fiddler. If they can add a couple more prospects the Chiefs are looking like they will be a team on the rise again maybe as soon as next season. It'll be tough to see guys like the ones I listed go, but IMO it will be better for the team in the long term.