Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline....

Default Trade Deadline....

Can we start a new thread instead of using the Anderson stop....hate seeing it roll on!

Default Be My Guest....

Quote Originally Posted by WHLFANMAN View Post
    Can we start a new thread instead of using the Anderson stop....hate seeing it roll on!
    if morning comes and there's no deal announced, it won't matter.

If this trade is true, it's gonna be hard to address any other needs the Wheat Kings may have given the bounty Seattle might have just scored.

I must admit I haven't followed Pickard. Statistically he seems C+. What have i missed to think the rumour would even be close

Default Morning

I must admit I haven't followed Pickard. Statistically he seems C+. What have i missed to think the rumour would even be close
    I'm trying to block it out til tomorrow. I feel something is gonna happen, but this one is starting to sound a little too unrealistic. First off, the market this year for goalies is pretty thin All contending teams already have their goalies....except us. If indeed we are a contender. Seeing past package deals KM has pulled off, this one seems quite steep when you think about it.

Don't put too much stock in his GAA, but instead take a look at his save percentage. He has a .912 career save percentage. For comparison to some of the better goalies from the last few seasons, that's better than Braden Holtby, Garret Zemlak, Justin Pogge, Tyler Plante, and Tyler Bunz, and the same as Martin Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Don't put too much stock in his GAA, but instead take a look at his save percentage. He has a .912 career save percentage. For comparison to some of the better goalies from the last few seasons, that's better than Braden Holtby, Garret Zemlak, Justin Pogge, Tyler Plante, and Tyler Bunz, and the same as Martin Jones.
    Save % is the first stat i look at. Even then it's hard to comment without an account of true scoring chances gained by watching the tender and the team he's backing, seen tenders with %'s in the .800+ playing very well behind a week teem giving up huge quality chances and inversely .900+ playing very average stopping perimeter hots all year. If you are comparing Pickard to some of those tenders by performance that's encouraging.
    Last edited by WHLFANMAN; 01-02-2012 at 12:00 AM.

Default Pickard has been....

Save % is the first stat i look at. Even then it's hard to comment without an account of true scoring chances gained by watching the tender and the team he's backing, seen tenders with %'s in the .800+ playing very well behind a week teem giving up huge quality chances and inversely .900+ playing very average stopping perimeter hots all year. If you are comparing Pickard to some of those tenders by performance that's encouraging.
    playing very well as of late. Here's hoping we get to reap the benefits of that starting soon.

Not 100% comparing him to those guys, I just went solely by save %. The fact that he has a poor GAA but high sv % tells me he faces a lot of quality scoring chances in Seattle. Adding to that is that for his whl career he's always near the top of the list for shots faced

Default One little tidbit.....

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Not 100% comparing him to those guys, I just went solely by save %. The fact that he has a poor GAA but high sv % tells me he faces a lot of quality scoring chances in Seattle. Adding to that is that for his whl career he's always near the top of the list for shots faced
    Pickard has played all his junior in Seattle. I don't think he has ever played a playoff game at all. Just an observation.