Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Thread: Trade Deadline....

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    Getting a little cocky aren't we ? your harlem globetrotters couldn't even get 1 goal past a 16 year old rookie call up goalie
    I like how honest you are when it comes to the game... you definitely know your sh*t! That goalie last night, I watched him in warm up and thought he was going to get lit up last night. I honestly believe that Moodie will make a run for #1 next year. His glove is so fast, his puck control was amazing. He did get lucky about 3-4 opportunities but in fairness to him great goalies need to get lucky once in awhile.

If this kid plays they way he did last night leading into next season... Your return on Makarov would be huge. I doubt that would happen but he is a SOLID back up. Great game by the blades last night.

I was impressed with the way our team played last night. Tons of great opportunities. I don't think we had a good first but I think we owned the last half of the game. Brandon needs to start playing like a mini Boston Bruins (just no cheap ****) but in your face hockey.. Hit first, fight when you need to. Two dumb penalties changed momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    Getting a little cocky aren't we ? your harlem globetrotters couldn't even get 1 goal past a 16 year old rookie call up goalie
    Ok! How do you feel your rookie tender played?? You guys are set for tenders! which is huge! Check the shots on goal for games Blades vs Kings.

Quote Originally Posted by WHLFANMAN View Post
    Ok! How do you feel your rookie tender played?? You guys are set for tenders! which is huge! Check the shots on goal for games Blades vs Kings.
    Shots vs you guys ? ok last night you out shot us by 8 and the game before we outshot you guys by 6 pretty even, having said that last night Brandon had the better scoring chances i wish there was a stat for scoring chances, shots on goal can be very misleading all you have to do is check the shots in PA there shot keeper there is way out to lunch

Our goaltending i'm very happy with we are set for goaltending and almost on defense, scoring will have to be addressed next season

It's actually quite funny watching a game in PA how some shots aren't counted and then you look up while the puck is being passed around and the shot total suddenly increases.

Default Shot Clock

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    It's actually quite funny watching a game in PA how some shots aren't counted and then you look up while the puck is being passed around and the shot total suddenly increases.
    The shot counters in Brandon have been questioned in the past as well.I would assume its done by a local guy in each rink as opposed to a WHL official counter being assigned to each game.

BTW, Lord Stanley. As for the standings, I think alot of people outside Brandon looked at last night as the whole season. The fact is that last year we dealt for Matt McKay. A couple of games later we got blown out by Edmonton 9-0 on home ice. After that, the guys had a chance to gel with a new teammate, he learned the system, and we went on a roll that nobody expected. In a couple of weeks our No. 1 goalie comes back, and yes it'll take a few games to let him catch up to game speed. But Sundher got off a plane here on Tuesday, moved into a new surrounding and went to practice with linemates he's probably never met before.

With all due respect, we are less than 10 points out of 3rd in the conference. We will get better. And I firmly believe we will be challenging for the division by seasons end. Yes your young keeper was spot on last night, but how long will he be able to keep it up? Teams will eventually figure out some things about him, but soon he will head back to midget hockey to finish his year on a team that will no doubt be playing into April. As you know, there is no set timetable for a player to return from a concussion. We lost Walker in a March playoff game last year and he didn't play again til late October. I'm not being cocky, I just know what our team is capable of. So if people think we are dead in the water over one game then they are sadly mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wheatiemaniac View Post
    The shot counters in Brandon have been questioned in the past as well.I would assume its done by a local guy in each rink as opposed to a WHL official counter being assigned to each game.

BTW, Lord Stanley. As for the standings, I think alot of people outside Brandon looked at last night as the whole season. The fact is that last year we dealt for Matt McKay. A couple of games later we got blown out by Edmonton 9-0 on home ice. After that, the guys had a chance to gel with a new teammate, he learned the system, and we went on a roll that nobody expected. In a couple of weeks our No. 1 goalie comes back, and yes it'll take a few games to let him catch up to game speed. But Sundher got off a plane here on Tuesday, moved into a new surrounding and went to practice with linemates he's probably never met before.

With all due respect, we are less than 10 points out of 3rd in the conference. We will get better. And I firmly believe we will be challenging for the division by seasons end. Yes your young keeper was spot on last night, but how long will he be able to keep it up? Teams will eventually figure out some things about him, but soon he will head back to midget hockey to finish his year on a team that will no doubt be playing into April. As you know, there is no set timetable for a player to return from a concussion. We lost Walker in a March playoff game last year and he didn't play again til late October. I'm not being cocky, I just know what our team is capable of. So if people think we are dead in the water over one game then they are sadly mistaken.
    You don't have to apologize for anything. When your the best team in the east year in and year out people want to see you knocked off your pedestal

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
    You don't have to apologize for anything. When your the best team in the east year in and year out people want to see you knocked off your pedestal
    Well said, Joe. It's easy for those people to tell us what we haven't done, when they have done even less.