Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline....

I don't know that anyone took it as being gospel or anything, but it definitely got some conversation going...

Default I did read today.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I don't know that anyone took it as being gospel or anything, but it definitely got some conversation going...
    on a certain broadcaster's twitter that it was close( he writes the blog "WHL From Above"), but Seaman was the piece in question. We didn't want to let him go. And now Seattle wants Pickard there for a run to the playoffs. But now, I'm just gonna sit back and hope and pray for something good to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wheatiemaniac View Post
    on a certain broadcaster's twitter that it was close( he writes the blog "WHL From Above"), but Seaman was the piece in question. We didn't want to let him go. And now Seattle wants Pickard there for a run to the playoffs. But now, I'm just gonna sit back and hope and pray for something good to happen.
    whlfromabove that guy is a tool bag he is the Blades color commentator doesn't know much at all but act's like a big shot

Default Maybe.....

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    whlfromabove that guy is a tool bag he is the Blades color commentator doesn't know much at all but act's like a big shot
    it's the same guy.

Just thought i would let you know that the Pickard deal was indeed false no a big surprise for me though seeing where the source came from

http://luberslounge.blogspot.com/

That's Bruce Luebke's blog

Default Yes

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    Just thought i would let you know that the Pickard deal was indeed false no a big surprise for me though seeing where the source came from

http://luberslounge.blogspot.com/

That's Bruce Luebke's blog
    We all read that earlier yesterday. I'm still thinking that WHLKING and WHL From Above blog writer are the same guy. Because he added more about it exactly on his twitter yesterday and said Seaman was a stumbling block why the deal didn't happen.

We all read that earlier yesterday. I'm still thinking that WHLKING and WHL From Above blog writer are the same guy. Because he added more about it exactly on his twitter yesterday and said Seaman was a stumbling block why the deal didn't happen.
    Well if that's the case Cody Nickolodeon who runs that blog should keep his mouth shut until it's final he is the color guy for the Blades and also works in the Blades office on some roll he could get into **** with the team

It is quiet...too quiet.

I guess we really won't see the ball rolling till the weekend after the World Juniors.

Was talking to someone I know who works for the Wheat Kings and the big discussion this week between KM and CC is whether or not this team is actually good enough to go along way even if they add a player or two.

Think about Moose Jaw and what a guy like Stone would do for them. How about Ferland on a team like Tri-City?

Interesting days ahead..

Default Problem Solvers

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
    It is quiet...too quiet.

I guess we really won't see the ball rolling till the weekend after the World Juniors.

Was talking to someone I know who works for the Wheat Kings and the big discussion this week between KM and CC is whether or not this team is actually good enough to go along way even if they add a player or two.

Think about Moose Jaw and what a guy like Stone would do for them. How about Ferland on a team like Tri-City?

Interesting days ahead..
    A top end goalie would definitely solve some problems, but not all of them. We could stand pat and squeak into the playoffs, or make a deal for some scoring help and hope Boes gets back on a hot streak when he returns. Or, we go after a goalie like Pickard or Simpson, a D man like Petrovic, and scoring forwards like Sundher and Vause and then shoot for the moon. I realize going half way and praying doesn't usually work. So it will be interesting to see what happens from here. But the way we sit right now, it's kinda gloomy.

Or, we go after a goalie like Pickard or Simpson, a D man like Petrovic, and scoring forwards like Sundher and Vause and then shoot for the moon.
    Not a chance all of that happens. KM would have to sell off everything he has to get all those guys which would jepordize the future for the next say 5 years or so. And if he didn't want to do it when he had a guaranteed ticket to the Mem cup and a better team to start with, he certainly won't do it now.