Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: deadline deals

Default deadline deals

Rumour has MJ in the Sundher trade talks . He would definitely help up front on a line with Beach & Howden . Moving Fioretti down to 2nd line would give us 4 pretty good lines . Depends if they want someone off the roster . We've done pretty good with what we have considering Howden has missed 1/2 our games as well as Rielly only playing 18 games. I think they may only add some depth guys with some play off experience. We still have a 91 spot open as well as a euro. Having Howden healthy for the last half will be a big boost .
    GO WARRIORS GO

I have heard Cam Braes name a few times in the mix for the warriors and also brody sutter.

Do the warriors have the best shot at a good run this season or next season in your guys opinions?
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

This is their year for sure they could lose a good chunk of guys next year with a few signed players and some more drafted already

Default This year

We have to go for it this year. Next year we will be young and will likely lose howden,macilrath,beach. We could be very good in two years time with a very strong 95 group and a good 96 group.

As much i was love to see sundher a warrior the price would be huge and im not to sure the warriors are or would be willing to pay it ,espically when most teams are full at the OA spot and the warriors could get very good OA players like braes out of lethbridge or vause out of speedy creek for quite a bit cheaper then a 19 yr old like sundher and there wont be as big as a market for OA players with most teams set with theres........you would defently be kissing a high end prospect goodbye if your in the sundher sweepstakes among picks.

As someone who followed Sundher while here in Chilliwack, it'll be a one year rental only. He is going Pro next season.

So...for a player in the top 10 in league scoring, you are not going to get him for nothing.

Any team looking to get him will likely need a 17/18 yr old roster Forward, another prospect (15/16 yr old) and likely a 3rd to 5th round pick...unless a bidding war occurs and drives his price up. Unfortunately, I do not see the bidding war like Schenn and Eakin had.

Victoria will need a deal like this, because if they move him, they will miss playoffs and will need something to show for a lost season. Sundher and Crooks are the big 2 with any decent trade value who could be made available.

Quote Originally Posted by rednex50 View Post
    As someone who followed Sundher while here in Chilliwack, it'll be a one year rental only. He is going Pro next season.

So...for a player in the top 10 in league scoring, you are not going to get him for nothing.

Any team looking to get him will likely need a 17/18 yr old roster Forward, another prospect (15/16 yr old) and likely a 3rd to 5th round pick...unless a bidding war occurs and drives his price up. Unfortunately, I do not see the bidding war like Schenn and Eakin had.

Victoria will need a deal like this, because if they move him, they will miss playoffs and will need something to show for a lost season. Sundher and Crooks are the big 2 with any decent trade value who could be made available.
    Sundher isn't in the same postal code that Eakin/Schenn were so his price should be a way less than theirs....
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast View Post
    As much i was love to see sundher a warrior the price would be huge and im not to sure the warriors are or would be willing to pay it ,espically when most teams are full at the OA spot and the warriors could get very good OA players like braes out of lethbridge or vause out of speedy creek for quite a bit cheaper then a 19 yr old like sundher and there wont be as big as a market for OA players with most teams set with theres........you would defently be kissing a high end prospect goodbye if your in the sundher sweepstakes among picks.
    Those two along with Birkholz Harrison Gallimore.Any of them would help in our top 6 without costing us as much . Its not like we're a weak team we're 1st in div and we've been without Howden & Rielly for a significant amount of time

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    Do the warriors have the best shot at a good run this season or next season in your guys opinions?
    This season will be our best shot but I dont think Millar will sell the farm to add a player. Just some depth guys .
    GO WARRIORS GO

A slow day on the trade front. Teams may be waiting longer this year to decide if their buying or selling . Wins & losses in the next 6-7 days might make the decision easier.
    GO WARRIORS GO