Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: MJ - WK

Thumbs up MJ - WK

Powerplay was definitely the difference tonight.Siemens made an awesome save on a 2 on 0 . New guys looked good Henry helps on the PK. Lots of goals but hard to get a good read as kid was down before they shot all night and had little d help . defense still not up to par too many lapses where Siemens had to bail them out. Good win after that road trip hopefully they can use this to get on a roll.
    GO WARRIORS GO

Default mj -wk

We can win at home now to find a way to win on the road. Yes big diff was the PP as well as the PK . I'm not going to get my hopes up as we were playing Brandon who are finding wins hard to come by and it was not till the 3rd. period that we started to walk away with the game. The Defence has to improve and not give away so many scoring chances.
    Bright spots - Play of Siemans , Start of second and the pass Ehrhardt made to Kirsch . Howden , Kirsch , Henry , and Braes 3 point night . Hats of to Cody Beach he never sat in the box once (is that a first ? ) Was impressed with Gwinner who I thought had one of his best games as a warrior - He moved the puck and showed confidence doing so , but a couple of times jumped up and got caught and those kind of errors can be costly.
    Sam once again showed me why he is one of my fav. warrior a goal and was + 3 and worked hard every shift.
    Bone Head play of the night was Edmundson giving Honey a crack to the head early in the first - Look for him to lose his A off his jersey in the coming days.

Thanks for not hammering us WK fans on here too badly after that debacle of a performance!
    Hey, are there walk up tickets available for most games in MJ? will be in town in a few weeks and want to come to a game in the new rink.
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    Thanks for not hammering us WK fans on here too badly after that debacle of a performance!
    Hey, are there walk up tickets available for most games in MJ? will be in town in a few weeks and want to come to a game in the new rink.
    More than likely although our box office staff are incompetent so come early.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatguy View Post
    More than likely although our box office staff are incompetent so come early.
    I think I'll go to the rink the day before to ensure I'm safely seated in time for the anthem!!!!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by mjwfan View Post

Bone Head play of the night was Edmundson giving Honey a crack to the head early in the first - Look for him to lose his A off his jersey in the coming days.
    Bonehead yes Losing A no. His d coverage has to improve that's a bigger concern. We won't get a real read on the team until they head out on the road then we'll see if there's been any improvement.
    GO WARRIORS GO

Default If only

If Only the D could come together we could make some noise . Remember when Joey was in net he was facing 15 - 20 shots a game . Be nice if we could get the shots on goal down and less give aways . I think we have the guys up front to score enough goals to win , but we also have to be road warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by mjwfan View Post
    If Only the D could come together we could make some noise . Remember when Joey was in net he was facing 15 - 20 shots a game . Be nice if we could get the shots on goal down and less give aways . I think we have the guys up front to score enough goals to win , but we also have to be road warriors.
    Agreed I thought this year with 2 former dmen one who played in the NHL/AHL our def would be better. Some nights ( too many for my liking ) they look like they've taken a step backward . McIlrath has been jumping up in the play not a real good idea he gets caught way too often. Game against WK he's in their crease ends up a 2 on 0 . At times it looks like they are playing out of their comfort zone. Edmundson looks lost out there like he's never sure when/where to pass the puck. Gwinner is always pinching and last game out of position a half dozen times at least. Brown/Mcfaul are the most consistent ones. I think if they play to their strengths and quit trying to be what they're not it will improve. The forwards ( Johnson ) need to be better on the half wall on the break out which also helps.
    GO WARRIORS GO

Yes our d-men have been pinching all year and it has failed more times than not. The only one who could/should have was Reilly and as we all know he's not around anymore to do that. I doubt we'll see much of an improvement/change since it's been ongoing all season.

I think you are right this is what we have and not going to be any big improvements on D . It would sure be nice to have Morgan in the line up but we know that is not going to happen soon. But I still hear from other play by play guys around the league how good our Defence is - They must be watching a diff game than Im .