Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: Kevin Sundher traded to Brandon...

Quote Originally Posted by west coast View Post
    i am shocked to see that Kevin Sundher has not made a positive impact with the wheat kings, his stats suck, averaging a half point a game is not what the Brandon fans envisioned.He is like minus ten since with brandon and the team has been doing poorly since his arrival.Is it a chemistry factor ? i thought that Sundher would light it up with Brandon and they could be a dominating team in the East
    Just the opposite--he looks lost out there--not a good trade unless he starts to light it up and help the WK make the playoffs---gave up 2 players and even worse a 1st round bantam pick(The wheats have 2 first rounders this year)

Default Sundher

He has been nothing short of a disappointment. He came in with such fanfare, and has done nothing. We gave up a top 4 defenceman and one of next years top six forwards and a first rounder for a guy who has been a flat out bust. I, like many, thought he would make us into an offensive wrecking machine. Yet he has just fallen in line with the rest of the underachievers we have traded for this year(see: Dziurzinsky and Anderson).

There is always hope that he'll find his stride, but time is running out fast. He is nowhere near the player he was expected to be.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wheatiemaniac View Post
    He has been nothing short of a disappointment. He came in with such fanfare, and has done nothing. We gave up a top 4 defenceman and one of next years top six forwards and a first rounder for a guy who has been a flat out bust. I, like many, thought he would make us into an offensive wrecking machine. Yet he has just fallen in line with the rest of the underachievers we have traded for this year(see: Dziurzinsky and Anderson).

There is always hope that he'll find his stride, but time is running out fast. He is nowhere near the player he was expected to be.
    Sundher is fast, but has no finesse, guile or hockey sense. I wouldn't be surprised to see him sent back to juniors as a 20. Trade was bad, but Conroy was a plug, a big forward who won't hit and can't score, so no loss. Fransoo was a steady d-men who we will miss, and of course the draft pick is the big mistake.
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Default Sundher

Makes me wonder how he got all the points he did with Victoria?. He should give the WK a legitimate 2nd line with DD and Bertaggia. It,however, has not turned out that way as Sundher and DD have underachieved badly and Bertaggia is bagged--not used to tough travel and schedule of the WHL.He has lost a lot of his jump. Easy team to play against if you shut down Stone's line---which is tough to do when they're on but coaches are figuring a way. Classic one line team. The trades Kelly Mc has made did not turn out too well which is surprising given his track record. But all in all what really hurts is giving up the 1st round bantam pick. The players traded can be replaced easily enough. This has been a very frustrating year after watching the WK for years. Now I know what fans of some of the other teams like the Pats and Raiders have gone through over the last few years.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    Sundher is fast, but has no finesse, guile or hockey sense.
    Ive always said he gets his chanes due to his speed alone, out West they dont have as many hard nosed bruiser type Dmen to keep a guy like Sundher in check, out in the East alot better Dmen on every team. Both Conferences play a totally different brand of hockey in the West its very wide open run n gun style, in the East its more chip & chase & wear teams down.

Sundher is not tough enough to battle it out in the East, or possibly he just doesnt like taking a back seat to Stone & Ferland where the offense isnt built around him. Either way he has been a bust & his play in the 2nd half of the year could result in Buffalo seeing he is not ready for the even the AHL next year & send him back, or worst yet send him to the ECHL to rot away.