Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ROYALS COACH CONCEEDS-- NO MEMORIAL CUP !!!!

Sorry, pontcanna, BUT it has nothing to do with Meds !! --

It has to do with the ability to MOTIVATE and encourage Young Minds, and you DO NOT do that by putting negatives in their Minds !

Young Players need to hear ---

" Lets go Boys ! YOU CAN WIN the Game !!"

" You CAN make the Playoffs " ---- " You CAN play in the Memorial Cup "

" You CAN WIN THE MEMORIAL CUP " ----

NOT - " We Want to Win the Memorial Cup, BUT thats probably going to happen" Quote /unquote

Quote Originally Posted by rednex50 View Post
    The first 3 years was Darryl May, who other than Moller, Howse and Sundher, wasn't really able to draft talent and bring that talent in. Jonathon Parker was drafted, and outright released before going to the Giants, Seattle and blooming in PA. He was good at listing good talent though (Holden, Gore, Friesen, Potter and Santorelli for starters).

When Habby came after season 3, he more than doubled the scouting staff, made gutsy trades like MacKenzie for instance, in an attempt to better the young talent and add with the experience of Howse, Horak, Maning, Einhorn, Gore. He basically had to start from scratch at the beginning of season 4, which is why you saw soooo many guys from season 3 released or moved in season 4. Season 4 surpassed many people's expectations, including almost knocking off the power-packed Ams team in the first round.

Season 5 was our best shot at doing damage, but we didn't have the depth needed. Manning was suspended for 7 games on a call that I still think was BS. Pauls broke his leg that he was forced to retire over, Traber broke his ankle late in the season on a nastey head shock that the guy only got a couple of games on, Howse played injured, Manning played injured etc. Habby should have been a buyer last season...but now that I look back on it, was probably told not to be a buyer as Porter would have wanted the transaction completed as soon as the team was off the ice...and a 2nd or a 3rd playoff round (without the guys busting a nut) would have complicated Porter and Burke's ideas that Chilliwack couldn't work. By the trading deadline, Porter knew they were selling and likely hand cuffed Habby into not selling the future to make a run for a "lame duck" city.

This is only year 3 for Habby. It is by far a better club than the Bruins were in season 1, 2 or 3. 3 was the worst season, due to many factors (Moller going pro unexpectedly, Santorelli pushed into Pro, Holden turned Pro, Pighen turncoated, Potter breaks his neck and thats just the beginning of the list).

Am I 100% happy with what Habby did? No. Season 4 was a rebuild and he surpised. Season 5 WAS supposed to be our push, and I think it was more Porter limiting him than Habby not willing to better the team. So season 6, in reality is his first real test season you can judge him on. It wasn't expected to be a big season, so he has delivered what was expected. Next season, we will begin to see if he has a handle on this team, or if he is over his head.

But I still expect them to miss the playoffs this season, and PG overtaking them late in the season for that final position.
    This is a good post, but the part where you mentioned the injuries...everyteam gets them. The Giants were decimated by them last season, with at least 3 or 4 regulars off at one time or another. Yet, they were close to winning the division, & I believe they would have if not for the injuries.
    You also talk about the unexpectedness of Moller, Santorelli & Holden going pro. The Giants have lost guys like Kane, Lucic, Brule, Blum, Sexsmith, Franson all before they were 20. Lucic, Brule & Kane at 18. It just happens that the Bruins didn't have the depth at that time to get past that. I don't see a lot on the roster I like except for Magee. They had a good bantam draft in 2007, but 2006 only Howse was a good pick & Ramsey was ok. They got a few players in the 2008 draft but none were all star types. I think their bantam drafting could be much better. They haven't drafted good enough players, players that end up playing for the franchise for 4 years, improving every season. I think Sundher is the only player who has been there for 3 years who improved immensely.
    That is just my view, many may disagree, but I think that is their biggest challenge, getting better picks in the Bantam draft & build from within.

Quote Originally Posted by 50sWHLer View Post
    Sorry, pontcanna, BUT it has nothing to do with Meds !! --

It has to do with the ability to MOTIVATE and encourage Young Minds, and you DO NOT do that by putting negatives in their Minds !

Young Players need to hear ---

" Lets go Boys ! YOU CAN WIN the Game !!"

" You CAN make the Playoffs " ---- " You CAN play in the Memorial Cup "

" You CAN WIN THE MEMORIAL CUP " ----

NOT - " We Want to Win the Memorial Cup, BUT thats probably going to happen" Quote /unquote
    True but they are also smart enough to know when you're feeding them B.S.
    GO WARRIORS GO

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mjw22 View Post
    True but they are also smart enough to know when you're feeding them B.S.
    Agreed

Iconwhl

Quote: Coach Habschied:

“We want to lift the Memorial Cup this year but that’s not likely going to happen. " -----" we’re building for the future."

The Royals are barely hanging on to the eighth and final playoff spot in the Western Conference.

What a terrific message to send to NOT ONLY the Players, BUT also the FANS!!

Geez, he's throwing in the Towel already, EVEN before the Royals find themselves out of the Playoffs ------------ Lots of time to show what kind of Coaching skills you have, and put a POSITIVE MESSAGE out to both players & Fans -

WHAT KIND OF A MOTIVATOR, MENTOR or COACH is this Guy????

Why should Fans support a Team, and spend my hard earned $$$$ when the Coach himself is NEGATIVE ??

I'm staying Home!!!!!
    Stay home!!!!!! Believe me nobody is going to miss ya !!!!!

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by Giantsfan View Post
    This is a good post, but the part where you mentioned the injuries...everyteam gets them. The Giants were decimated by them last season, with at least 3 or 4 regulars off at one time or another. Yet, they were close to winning the division, & I believe they would have if not for the injuries.
    You also talk about the unexpectedness of Moller, Santorelli & Holden going pro. The Giants have lost guys like Kane, Lucic, Brule, Blum, Sexsmith, Franson all before they were 20. Lucic, Brule & Kane at 18. It just happens that the Bruins didn't have the depth at that time to get past that. I don't see a lot on the roster I like except for Magee. They had a good bantam draft in 2007, but 2006 only Howse was a good pick & Ramsey was ok. They got a few players in the 2008 draft but none were all star types. I think their bantam drafting could be much better. They haven't drafted good enough players, players that end up playing for the franchise for 4 years, improving every season. I think Sundher is the only player who has been there for 3 years who improved immensely.
    That is just my view, many may disagree, but I think that is their biggest challenge, getting better picks in the Bantam draft & build from within.
    Listen to you running your mouth , Big Shot giants fan !!! Gallagher goes down and your screwed as well !! Great coaching job by Hay in the World Juniors too !!!

Quote: Coach Habschied:

“We want to lift the Memorial Cup this year but that’s not likely going to happen. " -----" we’re building for the future."

The Royals are barely hanging on to the eighth and final playoff spot in the Western Conference.

What a terrific message to send to NOT ONLY the Players, BUT also the FANS!!

Geez, he's throwing in the Towel already, EVEN before the Royals find themselves out of the Playoffs ------------ Lots of time to show what kind of Coaching skills you have, and put a POSITIVE MESSAGE out to both players & Fans -

WHAT KIND OF A MOTIVATOR, MENTOR or COACH is this Guy????

Why should Fans support a Team, and spend my hard earned $$$$ when the Coach himself is NEGATIVE ??

I'm staying Home!!!!!

please...stay home,but for the love of God please...please...please stay on your meds...its unhealthy for you to get so angry about losing a beer league team...

Icon32

Hey 'Royal Swoosh' !! -- I see nothing in this post about a Beer League Team ?? --- Where are you getting this Crap from anyway??

Now , are you going to sit there and tell my, that if YOU were the Coach that you would be intimating to your Players & Fans that you have resigned to the fact that your Team WILL NOT ( Probably) Win the Memorial Cup?

Geez, there's STILL lots of time left to capture a Playoff Spot and make a 'Run to the Cup'!!

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE !!!! Again, Its not over until the Fat Lady Sings!!!!

You are confusing negative with realistic WHL50

-- I do get where you are coming from, but when the Royals dealt Sundher, who is arguably not only their best player, but a huge amount of heart on that team they were signalling that this year is not theirs. I think they got good value in return for Kevin though and they are building for the future. The Giants played the fence at the trade-deadline, dumping some under-performers for picks and giving one of their top players a chance to play with a contender in the East and closer to his home town. I don't think we are real cup contenders either with the surging Blazers and almost unbeatable Ams, but we should have the components to make a go of it.

I also have to say that you are also reading too much into the quote. I actually thought it was a nice balance of reality and hope. I don't think he was saying we won't make the playoffs and we have no chance, but that it simply wasn't their year. With the current crew, their current record and a lack of an electric personality their chances are limited, but that's no reason to desert your team -- that's not a fan, that's a bandwagonner move.

The players are not stupid, nor are the fans and if their coach tries to play the political "we always have a chance" gambit then both parties will know smoke is being blown. I for one appreciated the honesty. He's not giving up but he is accepting the current reality and being honest.

As for you WHL50 -- did or do you seriously think your team has the remotest chance of being in the cup? Do you envision breakout players currently on your team stepping up their levels ten-fold? Well then you should adopt a dose of your own reality then. I do appreciate the passion though.
    My Vancouver Giants focused Blog

A Shot From The Corner

http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/

Iconwhl

Maybe Habschied should bring in his buddy Curtis Hunt to help saviour this team, then u Royals fans can see what terrible hockey us Pats fans had to watch for like 5 yrs with him as our head coach, i would never wish that upon anyone id only make u guys watch it for 5 games tops lmao