Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29

Thread: 2nd Half Regular Season Thread

Well obviously you want to finish 6th at least and play MH. Not that there any easy games out east this year. The only thing that will get us through a tough first round match up is great goaltending and getting some healthy bodies back.

It was a close game last night. I thought the Warriors came out hard and Boes kept us in that 1st period. I thought we were the better team the next 2 periods.

I think I prefer playing MJ to be honest. I think Edmonton is a better team and I think we could have a chance of upsetting MJ. Still I would like to beat the Pats twice this weekend and avoid both.

Iconwhl

I think alot of the team battling it out between 5th & 8th really want that 6th spot to play the Tigers. Every team is playing good hockey down the stretch here except for the Ice who are 3-6-1 as the games get tighter they seem to be finding ways to lose instead of win, maybe the shortened summer is finally catching up with the core of there team.

Ill be happy with a spilt this weekend against u guys, that would force both the Blades & Ice to win both there games this weekend. I cant see the Hitmen losing both to a potential 1st rd match up in the Ice.... if by chance the Ice & Hitmen are a 1st round match up they could potentially be playing 9 games in a row against each other.

Are the Blades maybe happy with getting in the playoffs & entering the playoffs without anymore injuries?? maybe they sit a few guys against the Broncos this weekend since they are already pretty banged up.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    I think alot of the team battling it out between 5th & 8th really want that 6th spot to play the Tigers. Every team is playing good hockey down the stretch here except for the Ice who are 3-6-1 as the games get tighter they seem to be finding ways to lose instead of win, maybe the shortened summer is finally catching up with the core of there team.

Ill be happy with a spilt this weekend against u guys, that would force both the Blades & Ice to win both there games this weekend. I cant see the Hitmen losing both to a potential 1st rd match up in the Ice.... if by chance the Ice & Hitmen are a 1st round match up they could potentially be playing 9 games in a row against each other.

Are the Blades maybe happy with getting in the playoffs & entering the playoffs without anymore injuries?? maybe they sit a few guys against the Broncos this weekend since they are already pretty banged up.
    We want 6th for sure we are 3-1 vs the Tigers this year, as for injuries stipancik is out for awhile other than that not to bad, Pufahl is back tomorrow and Thower and Burns back for opening night playoffs so bassicly nothing knock on wood for this weekend that is

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
    Well obviously you want to finish 6th at least and play MH. Not that there any easy games out east this year. The only thing that will get us through a tough first round match up is great goaltending and getting some healthy bodies back.

It was a close game last night. I thought the Warriors came out hard and Boes kept us in that 1st period. I thought we were the better team the next 2 periods.

I think I prefer playing MJ to be honest. I think Edmonton is a better team and I think we could have a chance of upsetting MJ. Still I would like to beat the Pats twice this weekend and avoid both.
    We would like Pats or WK (6-1-1 ) but we may end up with the Ice . all three have some strengths and weaknesses. Our physical play is going to help but what may be the difference maker against whom ever we face is the fact we can ice 3 different shut down lines. Howden has that experience from WJ Henry's line or Miller a great 2 way guy . Using one of those against Stone or Weal still leaves us with better 2-3 -4 lines . Depth is our strength IMO I don't see an upset here 6 maybe but you never know lol I would like an Edm -WK series going 6-7 so Edm has that long bus ride .
    GO WARRIORS GO

Either team will be tough because of the types of games they play and the depth they have.

I don't think any team in the east though is an easy win not like the west. A hot goalie could be the difference in alot of these series.

On the subject of trades. I heard through a realible source the Wheaties were hot after Ryan Murray and Kent Simpson. Supposedly they offered up Honey, Waltz,Papirney,Hehn,Palmer and some draft picks. Soetart supposedly agreed informally. Then Soetart backed out. Of course Soetart got fired and I wonder if years from now they will look back and think of the really solid players they could have had.

6. Default

It would have been interesting if that trade would have went through becuast the wheat kings for sure would have been top 3 in the east and Ryan murray would have given them solid defencemen on the backend.

Default Clouston

Now that the regular season ends today, what are your thoughts about bring Clouston back for one more year? Or are you waiting to see how the playoffs go? I think he'll back or atleast he wants to be back. I don't think he is ready for the NHL again, his next step should be an asst Coach if he does. He needs to learn the part of job where you realise the players aren't just X and O but actual people. I believe that was the biggest knock against him in Ottawa. Also, he needs to get the chip off his shoulder about never playing in the show. If you handle yourself correctly it shouldn't matter to the players, ask Babcock. Funny thing was all the Ottawa players mentioned that as a reason they like Maclean over Clouston because he played and knows what that's like. Or maybe that was just nice than saying they thought Clouston was an a$$

Is Shaw covering this series?

Default Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by chalk_one_up View Post
    Is Shaw covering this series?
    They usually cover one from the East and one from the West at playoff time. It's usually Edmonton or Calgary they focus on out East so here's hoping we get to watch the road games on the tube. But I'd still take Luber over that old dinosaur on the Shaw feed.