Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Half Regular Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ott View Post
    First let me say, I think he's really become a team guy but for some reason this one thing bugs me. Why wouldn't he put a picture of himself as a Wheatking on his twitter account. First it was him in a Sens jersey now it's team Canada. Yes both are great accomplishments but why not show some pride for the team you Capt. Yes, I know small stuff but good to great is in the small things.
    Maybe he doesn't like CC
    GO WARRIORS GO

Iconwhl

First let me say, I think he's really become a team guy but for some reason this one thing bugs me. Why wouldn't he put a picture of himself as a Wheatking on his twitter account. First it was him in a Sens jersey now it's team Canada. Yes both are great accomplishments but why not show some pride for the team you Capt. Yes, I know small stuff but good to great is in the small things.

Unfortunately like so many 19yr olds who are signed they decide to pack it in sooner then the season is over cuz they know they will be sent to the AHL as soon as the season is over... heck in Stone's case he may even get the call to the show for practice time or maybe even some 4th line duty.

But i can see why that can bug fans would be no different if Weal had a twitter account & had a pic of him in a Kings jersey or a Monarchs jersey, would make u wonder where his head is/was

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    Unfortunately like so many 19yr olds who are signed they decide to pack it in sooner then the season is over cuz they know they will be sent to the AHL as soon as the season is over... heck in Stone's case he may even get the call to the show for practice time or maybe even some 4th line duty.

But i can see why that can bug fans would be no different if Weal had a twitter account & had a pic of him in a Kings jersey or a Monarchs jersey, would make u wonder where his head is/was
    Stone is a huge work horse!!! Pack it in? Some twitter jersey? What the hell is twitter?? LOL I personaly don't like the fact he parts his hair to the right instead of left!

He was Team Canada's leading scorer. That's going to be one of the biggest highlights of his life. If he wants to have that amazing memory as his passport photo I don't care. If anything it reminds me of what an amazing talent he is and how awesome it is to have him on our team. I guess we should be upset that Walker, Melnychuk, Nikkel, Bertaggia, and Dziurzynski don't have have their Wheat Kings jersey on in their twitter photo's as well.

They're just teenagers/20 year olds and it's just twitter, it's not their publicist or press release website. They have a life outside of the Wheat Kings and really, if we're going to start analyzing the meaning behind twitter accounts that much Lord help us.

Also, I don't buy into him packing it in this season because he signed a deal. He knows along with everyone else that he's still a long shot to make his NHL Club in the next couple of years and will have to work hard every chance he gets to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by drummermajor View Post
    He was Team Canada's leading scorer. That's going to be one of the biggest highlights of his life. If he wants to have that amazing memory as his passport photo I don't care. If anything it reminds me of what an amazing talent he is and how awesome it is to have him on our team. I guess we should be upset that Walker, Melnychuk, Nikkel, Bertaggia, and Dziurzynski don't have have their Wheat Kings jersey on in their twitter photo's as well.

They're just teenagers/20 year olds and it's just twitter, it's not their publicist or press release website. They have a life outside of the Wheat Kings and really, if we're going to start analyzing the meaning behind twitter accounts that much Lord help us.

Also, I don't buy into him packing it in this season because he signed a deal. He knows along with everyone else that he's still a long shot to make his NHL Club in the next couple of years and will have to work hard every chance he gets to make it.
    WELL SAID!!

Default MJW22

Quote Originally Posted by mjw22 View Post
    Maybe he doesn't like CC
    Speaking of Clouston did I read his stepson plays for the Warriors or it is the other Coach Clouston?

Speaking of Clouston did I read his stepson plays for the Warriors or it is the other Coach Clouston?
    News to me ? don't know haven't heard but it's interesting.
    GO WARRIORS GO

Waltz joins the team for the remainder of the season

So whats the scouting report on Waltz??

Quote Originally Posted by Pecker View Post
    So whats the scouting report on Waltz??
    Smooth skater. Solid puck handler. Makes a good first pass. Will rush the puck. Thinks the game well. Not overly physical. Solid Defensively. Won't wow you.

I can see him partnering Nikkel next season