Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: road woes continue

Unhappy road woes continue

Mllar may end up regretting his decision to not add a d man to this group. Gwinner McIlrath Ehrhardt Edmundson not very good tonight . With two former dmen on coaching staff makes me wonder some nights what their teaching these guys. Stothers needs to get these guys playing better on the road under 500 isn't going to cut in the playoffs. No emotion no hitting until they're down 5-1 too little too late.Watching tonight they played way too passivise on the road. Howden needs to pick up his game hasn't played well since he 's been back -3 tonight and pretty much invisible last 2 games.We'll see if it continues in M.H. tomorrow night hope not.
    Last edited by mjw22; 01-13-2012 at 10:46 PM.
    GO WARRIORS GO

Iconwhl

One of the biggest problems with these high draft picks who r signed already is after xmas they start to see pro hockey as an option as soon as the WHL season is over, its sad these kids cant stay focused all season long.

Definately wasnt expecting a 5-2 loss to the Hitmen tonite by the Warriors, it may take a few games for Henry & Braes to gel but its not like either guy plays a very high skill level game they are more hard workers that get there chances from that. Usually those type of players dont take too long to get comfy with a new team.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    One of the biggest problems with these high draft picks who r signed already is after xmas they start to see pro hockey as an option as soon as the WHL season is over, its sad these kids cant stay focused all season long.

Definately wasnt expecting a 5-2 loss to the Hitmen tonite by the Warriors, it may take a few games for Henry & Braes to gel but its not like either guy plays a very high skill level game they are more hard workers that get there chances from that. Usually those type of players dont take too long to get comfy with a new team.
    Well maybe Stothers needs to give these high draft picks a kick in the ass to remind them they still play in the WHL. We had that happen a couple years ago with Ellerby & Wyshart. Lots to do with agents in their ear all the time . A GM told me back then it would be nice although not realistic too have a rule in place prohibiting anyone from going up to another league until all WHL play offs were done. Takes away a distraction for sure.
    GO WARRIORS GO

And another road loss surprise surprise . Stothers this is not looking good . Pats & Blades sniffing at our heels . This looks like last year & the year before cant get going after Xmas last 4 road gm's 1-3.This core group was Howden( 1 pt -5 ) McIlrath(1 PT -7 ) McFaul (2 PTS -3 ) Beach(2 PTS -4 )Fioretti (0pts -4 ) better wake up & decide if their going compete or repeat the last two seasons . Crap even WK got a pt.
    Last edited by mjw22; 01-15-2012 at 01:28 AM.
    GO WARRIORS GO

Default They are not road warriors

Kind of sad things looked so good at Xmas and it has been down hill ever since. If they don't wake up they could be in 7th - 8th place before long. In the month of Jan. we have scored 14 goals in 7 games and never scoring more than 3 goals . NOT enough goals and way to many allowed . In there last 8 games they have only picked up 5 points .
    Edmundson and Ehrhardt should be sitting IMO as they are costing us game after game and not to single them out McFaul and Mcllrath have not been much better. I thought our Defence was going to be are strong point this yr but is not the case . Everyone was hoping Edmundson would improve but he only got worse . The forwards are just not getting it done - Our top forwards have to be the top players out there but that is not the case I know it has only been a couple games with the new guys in the line-up but so far have not seen much in them. There I feel better this morning I have done my venting for the day Go Warriors prove me wrong.

I understand where your coming from with Edmundson and Ehrhardt but i mean Mcfaull has been pretty solid all year. He's +7 on the year which is tops(with Gwinner) for our piss poor defensive core. He's kept his PIMs down which helps out the team.

All in all when we don't play Ehrhardt we seen to be better. With Doucette and Gwinner on the back-end they seem more puck confident, and yes they will make mistakes but that comes with rookies, Ehrhardt plays like a rookie most nights so really its a pick'em right now on the back-end.

For some reason not sure why but this team seems to play better without Howden in the line up . When the young guys were get the ice the compete level seemed to be higher. Gwinner McIlrath McFaul have the worst stats in the last 6-7 games for dmen. This core group Howden McIlrath McFaul Wyton Ehrardt Beech Fioretti Edmundson have been together long enough that they should know what it takes to be better this time of year. When you go out and get two captains it may speak volumes about your core groups leadership or lack there of. Should this Jan-Mar swoon continue which I REALLY hope it doesn't the blame will fall on Howden McIlrath & McFaull and Millars inability to get a dman. Wake up boys tonights a good night to start getting on a roll
    GO WARRIORS GO

Exactly correct. Think Getzlaff, Schenn etc, they start to think more about the future, and turn into shell's of the players they were in their draft year
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Doesn't play a high skill game? What are you expecting? He is leading your team in scoring!! After watching this kid play for 5 years, I can tell you that he is the real deal. This kid can score, can hit, can fight, and will give you 60 minutes every game. A 50 goal scorer? Perhaps not. But certainly "skilled" beyone most players.
    Better to be smarter than you look than to look smarter than you are....

Default coaching ?

I don't know whats wrong with this team . I wonder if they try to play too conservative on the road instead of forcing the issue. Stothers better get this figured out quick. Bad break in ot but we wouldn't have been there if the pp would get going. Just like playing it's easy at home tough on the road coaching may be the same. He hasn't got them where they need to be . Hunt should get 5-6 games for the shot to the head on Johnson. I still think not getting a dman will bite Millar in the ass at some point. Ehrhardt Gwinner Doucette are playing too many min and that exposes them. hope we get better results in SC
    GO WARRIORS GO