Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Hawerlyk

There are MJHL and/or College concerns with Jayce if he doesn't get the exact situation he wants. Can't really blame him as it is a win-win for Jayce the way they are looking at it. For Brandon, not really a win-win at all.

I don't think they care. They are not going to change there minds if Jayce wants to wait to get to the NHL then so be it. I know in his mind he feels in 2 years time he will be a 1st round draft pick. The fastest and best way to get there is to play in the WHL.

He basically wants a gurantee that he will get top 6 minutes next year. Something that KM will never give to any prospect. He will simply tell them to go eat rocks.

We have a ton of very good 16 year olds coming in next year if he chooses not to be a part of it then that IMO is a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
    I don't think they care. They are not going to change there minds if Jayce wants to wait to get to the NHL then so be it. I know in his mind he feels in 2 years time he will be a 1st round draft pick. The fastest and best way to get there is to play in the WHL.

He basically wants a gurantee that he will get top 6 minutes next year. Something that KM will never give to any prospect. He will simply tell them to go eat rocks.

We have a ton of very good 16 year olds coming in next year if he chooses not to be a part of it then that IMO is a mistake.
    You earn that **** kid. Man kids these days are full of big heads. Don't be calling any shots as a 15-year old. Work your tail off and prove you deserve top 6 minutes. Having it handed to you gives you some sort of entitlement, which, at this point, again, you have to earn that.

Crazy thing is, he'll get top 6 minutes because he's just that good. He doesn't need a guarantee. I think it's more the parents than him, from what I know.
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

5. Default

I don't think McCrimmon would take any such sort of blackmailing for ice time from a 15-year old prospect who hasn't played a game yet. What the NCAA offers is not even close to what the CHL does these days.

NCAA 1-year promised (of education of which some gets no credit in Canada)

CHL - 1 year CIS per year in league - (up to 5 years of Canadian education)

It's not even a comparison anymore because of that and how so many players are drafted out of the CHL in comparison.

I think the reason Hawerlyk isn't getting called up is because Kelly wants him to want it that much more at training camp next year. Although, I definitely would like to see a high draft pick utilized to its potential.

Default Not Sure If He Has Been Asked But

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    Crazy thing is, he'll get top 6 minutes because he's just that good. He doesn't need a guarantee. I think it's more the parents than him, from what I know.
    If his goal is to make it to the NHL. Then the opportunity to come up and experience the playoff run should be jumped at. If he thinks he will be first round draft material, in my oppinion the Whl is the best way to the big leagues. If they are getting advice saying otherwise, then I think they are getting bad advice. Most kids with NHL aspirations would give their left nut to be called up as a 15 yr old for the playoffs.