Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hawerlyk

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Table View Post
    Went to Calgarys camp. Will not make the Dub doesnt handle the rough stuff well and cant skate
    His stats are being inflated by Hawerlyk
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

So what is the deal with Hawerlyuk. Is coming up or is saying screw the W to play in the NCAA. Or do the Wheaties just not wanna bring him up this year.

Quote Originally Posted by PPatsFFan View Post
    So what is the deal with Hawerlyuk. Is coming up or is saying screw the W to play in the NCAA. Or do the Wheaties just not wanna bring him up this year.
    Being a 15 year old, he won't likely see the Dub this year. I don't know how much of this NCAA stuff to believe with him. Besides, look how many guys bolted the college teams this year for CHL teams. The scholarships are not guaranteed, the teams play less than half the games that the WHL plays, and from what I've seen of it, it's just a place where guys go to play when they're not tough enough to play junior. Brenden Harms signed the letter to play US college this past fall. I wouldn't doubt he will be a Wheat King by training camp 2013. US college sports are always getting caught up in scandals of some kind. Last year some college hockey team was involved in some stolen bicycle story. Meanwhile, in the CHL, you get a guaranteed year of education paid for in Canada for every year you play in the CHL. Did I mention "GUARANTEED"!!!!!!

The NCAA is sinking their own ship.

Default No complaints here.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    any player who is drafted or listed as an underage can join the team full time as soon as their AAA ( or AA) team is done for the year.
    If we could add him, why not? I just hope there's nothing to all this NCAA garbage.

For what it's worth, I've heard the WKs feel that Hawryluk has a poor attitude at this point. May be a bit full of himself. The team did not want to reward his attitude this year with a call up, and will hopefully straighten him out for next year.
    Last edited by R_N; 03-22-2012 at 07:55 AM.

That does sound like KM. He felt the same way with Schenn. Even when Schenn said he wasn't coming KM told him to sit at home then because he wasn't trading him.

I sure hope he gets it together. Should be a great Whl er. Definite family issues here however.

Default Pot meet kettle.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wheatiemaniac View Post
    Being a 15 year old, he won't likely see the Dub this year. I don't know how much of this NCAA stuff to believe with him. Besides, look how many guys bolted the college teams this year for CHL teams. The scholarships are not guaranteed, the teams play less than half the games that the WHL plays, and from what I've seen of it, it's just a place where guys go to play when they're not tough enough to play junior. Brenden Harms signed the letter to play US college this past fall. I wouldn't doubt he will be a Wheat King by training camp 2013. US college sports are always getting caught up in scandals of some kind. Last year some college hockey team was involved in some stolen bicycle story. Meanwhile, in the CHL, you get a guaranteed year of education paid for in Canada for every year you play in the CHL. Did I mention "GUARANTEED"!!!!!!

The NCAA is sinking their own ship.
    Oh please like the CHL never had a scandal, um wasn't Graham James just in the news again. Yes, is CHL by it's nature and the fact the NHL teams give them $$$ is most like the NHL. But, don't go trashing all the NCAA. There are many quality players and teams in USA Colleges past and present. Ask BWK KM, he'll tell you how wonderful the University of Michigan is. Probably what made him him so successful that he could own his own team.

I firmly believe we should have Hawerlyk with the WK's, gaining experience, as Point is with MJ and Virtanen is with Cgy. Vancouver brought Kane along that way as well as a 15 year old.
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

He has to sign a card to do that and from what I understand they want conditions from Brandon. Conditions that KM has never given a player ever.

He will sit at home or come to Brandon's training camp next year.