Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nikkel is gold

Default Nikkel is gold

What a great trade for the Wheaties when they landed this young stallion. Just watch. Two years from now he'll be captain of Brandon Wheat Kings. The more I watch the more I'm impressed, and he's only 16! A natural leader with an edge. In my mind, the best of a good group of 95 dmen. A first rounder in June 2013.

Default Nikkel

You're right about Nikkel--very poised but best of all very physical--hard to play against--will only get better.

His development curve has gone exponential since the Fransoo trade and regular games on defence, he plays a lot like Manson used to. What an awesome guy, just think, next season we have Nikkel, Pulock, Roy, Kuczek, Waltz as our young core, and Miller/Hunter as veteran backup
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Default D next year

What about Garret Bruce on defence from the Interlake Lightning of AAA midget? Has good stats--offensively. Is he still on the WK protected list? Also is Kord Pankiwiez not projected to play on defence??

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    What about Garret Bruce on defence from the Interlake Lightning of AAA midget? Has good stats--offensively. Is he still on the WK protected list? Also is Kord Pankiwiez not projected to play on defence??
    Pankiwiez is a d-man (more like a rover!), so maybe he will be the 8th guy
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

No one knows what position Pankewicz is playing this year. I had someone tell me that he was playing wing this season. If anyone watches Alberta midget AAA we would love to know

I believe Bruce is still on the Wheat Kings protective list. He had a pretty amazing year for Interlake. Really good player. Solid skater and passer. Has a good hard shot. Just another guy to take a look at next year.

Also Parkland is knocked out so hopefully Brandon calls up Hawryluk

Hopefully Kuczek isn't here next year, he's awful. Dziurzynski awful.

All-Time Favorite.

I'd rather have Kuczek then Dziurzynski on my team. Dziurzynski is awful!! Good riddence to all of our 20 year olds this year!

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    His development curve has gone exponential since the Fransoo trade and regular games on defence, he plays a lot like Manson used to. What an awesome guy, just think, next season we have Nikkel, Pulock, Roy, Kuczek, Waltz as our young core, and Miller/Hunter as veteran backup
    You gotta love this kid! He takes advantage of every opportunity the team gives him.