Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: $$ Issues

Default $$ Issues

Im hearing that the club might have some immediate financial issues? Just watercooler type of stuff, anyone hear or know more?

Default same here

I've heard about the same, including the club going to a certain community member (RS) about a month ago asking for 500k. Also, although I don't believe this one but the team not always getting post game meals on road trips. Luckily the season is nearly over for more then one reason.

Also the buzz around the rink last Wednesday was that Preston had asked to be released from his contract, this could still come in the off season as apparently Darryl Sutter wanted him t come to LA with him.

Almost exactly what I heard.. Also curious that the Canes play by play guy's blog had a poll about who the Team Should be Owned by... Our Business Manager has resigned.. A curious get your tickets by the end of this season for next season offer (plus having booth's setup for them).. Hopefully this isn't the beginning to the end..

Default Hmmmmmm

I as well have heard many "rumors".....
    The board and the soon to be former business manager have all publicly stated that by the end of this season the team will have spent ALL of the money we have in reserves!?!
    BUT I find the rumors of the team not being fed after a road game a little hard to buy!!
    I also dont see the rumor of "a local promoter" lending the board any cash easy to buy!

The rumor of "a few hockey guys" buying the team being around the water coolers is a little easier for me to buy into though. What better time to approach the board and shareholders then when the team is flat broke with no financial solution out there!!??

I am a SHAREHOLDER and would love to see this team purchased by a private ownership group! I see it as the only way junior hockey will continue here in the future!
    What will happen after this season is over is gonna be quite interesting that is for sure

Who has control on the team? Have Season Ticket Renewals been sent out yet for 2012-13? As someone who has a team removed from my community, it sucks, and I hope that Lethbridge is not another community to suffer like we did.

I have been front and centre in every attempt to get Robison and the WHL to admit that they lied to us. Admit they thru the fans under the bus. And ultimately, admit they were wrong in doing so. Until that moment that they do...no franchise is safe from relocation.

I don't think it should be a surprise to anyone that the business manager is leaving. He was in charge of the finances. He brags that he is on track with expenses but doesn't say anything about that fact that drop in revenue like he didn't realize the two were connected. And don't for a minute think that his leaving was not a mutual decision between him and the board of directors. I guarantee this was not his choice alone.

This team can be saved. The board needs to hire a manager that knows something about hockey and who will take advantage of the experience of his staff. The business community needs to realize the financial impact the team has on the city and do their part to support them even if it in just a small way. The fans needs to get behind the players despite how they feel about the coaches. After all is it not about these young men to begin with?

I want the team to stay here. I will support them in part because it is obvious to all that the talent coming up is tremendous. More importantly I will support them because they are important to the City of Lethbridge.

7. Default $$ issues

I too want the team to stay....I want to be part of what is coming ...I believe that this team needs to owned by a group or private individual to make sure it stays here...however will Lethbridge support this team? I have been a season ticket holder for 6 going on 7 years and its always the same faces I see at the rink which all say the same thing....where are the fans? To say Lethbridge is a finicky city is an understatement...if they are winning the seats are full if loosing the seats are empty...my question is why. This is our city's team win or loose we should support the team no matter the outcome...Does Lethbridge want--really want a Junior hockey team? we will see
    GO CANES GO

Quote Originally Posted by NumberOneCaniac View Post
    This is our city's team win or loose we should support the team no matter the outcome...Does Lethbridge want--really want a Junior hockey team? we will see
    If it were that simple, I think you would see unconditional support for the team. Fact is the team's front office has been a circus for almost as long as the team has existed. That has put people off. What there needs to be is stability and a professional group running the team game in and game out. One thing they really need to do is target the UofL and LCC students. Make the place just a little rowdier.

I agree that some stability in the front office is needed. They have a very good staff in there. They simply can't seem to find very good management. But it bothers me to think that people would risk losing this team and turn their backs on a bunch of kids because they are upset about the absence of a decent manager or they are upset with a coach. A person can still voice their concerns and opinions about those people without turning their backs on the kids or risk losing the team altogether.

I know they sell coupons for tickets at the college because my granddaughter and her friends are always getting them for a reduced rate over the regular student ticket price. I don't know if they do that with the university also but you are correct in that it is certanly a market they need to tap into.

Maybe with the financial crisis the price will be right for a private group to step up. Something like ex players did in Kamloops. Sutters have a big connection to Lethbridge albeit a different franchise but still same city. Darryl vs Brent lol I hate to see any franchise move but community owned ones are in Robison's sights and WPG is waiting in the wings. After the renos that were done and your seating capacity I think you stay unless they are in bankrupt mode. Personally I think Robison (in betmans clothing ) would like to move a small market team ie. S.C. or P.A and it doesn't affect alignment. Remember whether you're teams winning or losing attend the games or lose your team. If you're unhappy with management/coaches express that via emails phone calls etc. Good luck
    GO WARRIORS GO