Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sundher

Default Sundher

From the penthouse to the sh**house on the WK trades this year. Last year the Schenn trade was spectacular for the WK whereas this years trades for Anderson and Sundher have been very poor unless by some divine intervention Sundher gets healthy and leads us to at least 2 rounds in the playoffs. I have watched both players a lot this year and neither impressed me at all. Giving up the 1st round pick to Victoria for Sundher really bites. Ouch!! Very surprised that Kelly would lose out on 1 trade never mind 2. Thoughts anyone??

You guys gave a lot for Dziurzynski as well for how he is doing....It always evens out in the end, it seems!

Default DD

I still think we are ahead a bit on the DD trade but lost out badly on the others.

Default Sunher

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    From the penthouse to the sh**house on the WK trades this year. Last year the Schenn trade was spectacular for the WK whereas this years trades for Anderson and Sundher have been very poor unless by some divine intervention Sundher gets healthy and leads us to at least 2 rounds in the playoffs. I have watched both players a lot this year and neither impressed me at all. Giving up the 1st round pick to Victoria for Sundher really bites. Ouch!! Very surprised that Kelly would lose out on 1 trade never mind 2. Thoughts anyone??
    Clouston said in a radio interview that Sundher had some health issue when he came and that they had to give him a week off. I always wonder about trades for hurt players, I know some get healthy and are great but some keep getting hurt. Like the LeClaire trade in Ott, he was hurt when then got him and he just kept getting hurt. Which IMO helped with CC losing his job.

I think Sundhar was playing with a concussion for awhile and hiding it.

doesnt matter how bad they were in the regular season. if they are big contributers and/or make the team a 2nd round + team, the trades are worth it.

Iconwhl

The biggest problem with the Sundher trade was KM didnt go out & get what the team needed & that was defense... again he thought just outscore everyone to win games, that worked back in the 80s but it doesnt work in todays game especially in the Eastern Conference.

Being on the outside looking in, its great that some trades finally hasnt worked out for KM hes alawys bullying himself around in this league & it finally looks good on him.

But also what SAJ had said it doesnt matter how the trades work out in the regular season its all about the playoffs. Thats where trades are really won & lost.... $$$$$$ talks in this league

Also i agree as well that BRN over paid big time for DD, i said that as soon as the trade happened, its not like he is an elite 20yr old to be worth two 2nd rd picks plus a 3rd rd pick, one 2nd rd pick was plenty, heck even the 3rd was plenty.

8. Default McCrimmon hasn't "lost" the Sundher trade just yet...

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    The biggest problem with the Sundher trade was KM didnt go out & get what the team needed & that was defense... again he thought just outscore everyone to win games, that worked back in the 80s but it doesnt work in todays game especially in the Eastern Conference.

Being on the outside looking in, its great that some trades finally hasnt worked out for KM hes alawys bullying himself around in this league & it finally looks good on him.

But also what SAJ had said it doesnt matter how the trades work out in the regular season its all about the playoffs. Thats where trades are really won & lost.... $$$$$$ talks in this league

Also i agree as well that BRN over paid big time for DD, i said that as soon as the trade happened, its not like he is an elite 20yr old to be worth two 2nd rd picks plus a 3rd rd pick, one 2nd rd pick was plenty, heck even the 3rd was plenty.
    I would think that there may now be a much greater chance that Sundher could be back in a Brandon uniform next season, as a result of his long layoff during the latter part of this season. Brandon would certainly require his offensive abilities next year, where veteran offense appears to be limited within the potential returning roster.

Rumours that he came over with a concussion, which is a bit of a bad deal if true.
    I think he could come back to the dub next year, if he did, I'm pretty sure the WK's would trade him if possible, get him back to the life style he's more accustomed to on the West coast.....
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

He is not coming back next year. He is already signed to a contract, he will be in the AHL next season. I can't think of many guys that are signed and come back as an overager