Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Blades playoffs

Not much will happen that he likely doesn't already know. Basically he'll get handed a 1 year driving prohibition, about 1000.00 in fines and be ordered to undergo an Alcohol addiction screening program. That is if he is found guilty.

Is there anyone going on the bus trip to Medicine Hat? as long as this thread is on, can the admin delete my saskatoon blades playoff one, no need to have two threads.....

Blades to me are kinda stumbeling into the playoffs were a banged up team right now even with guy's back Makarov has shown a lot of weakneses in the second half

The Blades started of this season 18-6-1 since then have gone 22-23-2 that's a 500% team in the last 45 games, normally i would say depth can beat out a 1 line team in the playoffs but in this case i feel the Tigers top line will eat us alive, and not to mention the Tigers have the best road record in the league

This is how i see every game going tigers win game 1 Blades win game 2 Tigers win game 3 Blades win a tight 1 in game 4 then Tigers win the last 2 to take the series in 6 god i hope i'm wrong ! but on the bright side after these playoffs are over the planning for a Memorial Cup team starts

4. Default

How do ppl say fatigue wasn't a factor for Makarov?

You do realize that he played like 26 games or something last year in the QMJHL....this year he was the full-blown starter, expected to play EVERY game because we had such a crappy backup.

Bunz had been a starter for a couple years and knew full-well what his body needed to go through in order to last all season.

Of course fatigue played a part in Makarov's inconsistency. I remember in late November he didn't practice for a like a full week because the team's schedule was wearing him down so much.

Quote Originally Posted by saskatoonblades123 View Post
    How do ppl say fatigue wasn't a factor for Makarov?

You do realize that he played like 26 games or something last year in the QMJHL....this year he was the full-blown starter, expected to play EVERY game because we had such a crappy backup.

Bunz had been a starter for a couple years and knew full-well what his body needed to go through in order to last all season.

Of course fatigue played a part in Makarov's inconsistency. I remember in late November he didn't practice for a like a full week because the team's schedule was wearing him down so much.
    Agreed it's the same people that say you can't blame injuries as an excuse lol ok play with 4 dman and siemens and cox out for 3 weeks umm yeah that is an valid excuse

Quote Originally Posted by Shortys View Post
    What's everybody's thoughts on how Bunz impaired driving trial set for March 22nd, the day before first game, will affect his play? His head might not be in the game no matter the outcome of the trial.
    I'm sure that shiny new NHL contract and signing bonus will help keep his head in it

Boy after watching the evening news it sure sounds like thrower and Burns are only 60/50 to play this weekend thats what i gathered from lorne talking about them being in game shape and what not they still haven't practiced yet but have been cleared by team doctors go figure

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    Agreed it's the same people that say you can't blame injuries as an excuse lol ok play with 4 dman and siemens and cox out for 3 weeks umm yeah that is an valid excuse
    Hold on a second there junior. Show me a post where I said that injuries were not a factor in our skid? I suggested the effort wasn't good enough, but also acknowledged that the injuries were a factor. Learn to read before making sweeping generalizations.

Still not buying the Makarov fatigue factor SaskatoonBlades 123. Auch 07 made a good point about the recovery from a concussion possibly affecting him though after he came back from his injury.

Quote Originally Posted by curwie View Post
    Hold on a second there junior. Show me a post where I said that injuries were not a factor in our skid? I suggested the effort wasn't good enough, but also acknowledged that the injuries were a factor. Learn to read before making sweeping generalizations.

Still not buying the Makarov fatigue factor SaskatoonBlades 123. Auch 07 made a good point about the recovery from a concussion possibly affecting him though after he came back from his injury.
    Settle down there young one lol i never named any names it's just a figure of speach

As for the Makarov fatigue factor i think it played a huge part into his game this year ,the world juniors the pressure there, him playing more than 50 games with us and the pressure, switching cities and countries, alot went into this season with Andrey, next season the guy is gonna be a lot more stable and it will show in his numbers trust me

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    Settle down there young one lol i never named any names it's just a figure of speach

As for the Makarov fatigue factor i think it played a huge part into his game this year ,the world juniors the pressure there, him playing more than 50 games with us and the pressure, switching cities and countries, alot went into this season with Andrey, next season the guy is gonna be a lot more stable and it will show in his numbers trust me

I hope your right about him regarding next year. He'll need to be huge for us. This years playoffs will be a test run for him.