Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Pats vs Warriors best of 7

Iconwhl Pats vs Warriors best of 7

1st 1 to get 4 wins lets see how it goes!

I was very disappointed in the Pats effort this past weekend against the WKs, Friday nite we out chanced the WKs & only really showed up for 30 to 40 mins of the game. Boes made some really good saves. Hewitt didnt really have to make any amazing saves the chances the WKs did get they scored on.

Anyways back to what matters.... 1st round match up against our biggest rival in the Warriors.

Fans have been talking a possible 1st rd match up since back in early Feb & it has finally happened. I dont think we stand a great chance against the phyiscal play the Warriors will bring each & every game. As much as i want us to win this series im looking at this as more of a huge experience for the younger players on our roster which will make them that much better players for next year. Nothing beats playoff games in a players development (even if it is only 4)

This series is either going to go 6 or 7 & be tight all the way thru (close game scores) I do believe the Warriors will control 70% of the play, but the Warriors are known for soft plays in there D zone with leaving guys wide open & its not like Siemens has been anything great in the last month & a half. If he doesnt raise his level of play this series will be closer then it should be.

The Pats will have Reider back in time for Game 1 of this series, we have missed him alot down the stretch. I had a convo with him before the game against the Raiders & he said he was ready to go for the weekend but was going to be sat out, said had they not clinched a playoff spot he would of been playing.

Having Reider come back strengthens our line up, he gives Weal that player to do the dirty work along the boards where him & Scheidl can be given abit more open ice to move. Stephenson will move onto a line with Marantz & Stevenson/Klimchuk

I do believe Hewitt is going to have to steal us a spilt in MJ to have any chance at all in this series. He will most likely have to steal this series if we have a chance at winning.

Going into this we come in as the huge underdog, but i doubt the Warriors will take us lightly at all just knowing how close & tight each game was between the 2 teams (yes minus 1 game which is definately in the Warriors heads) none of those games mean anything now this is a new season the real season. Everyone is playing hurt to some degree & if ur not it means ur not battling like the rest of the team has been.

Agreed. The Pats won't be sneaking up on the Warriors. The boys have a week to regroup from a no-show weekend. But, realistically the Pats have a lot of positives to look to:
    1. they are an underdog and there are not a lot of expectations placed on them.
    2. They have played MJ to a saw off this year.
    3. MJ has yet to show that they can shut down Weal.

MJ is a big physical team and that can wear you down in a series. It goes without saying that Hewitt has got to steal some games. Most importantly, the boys have got to get that playoff intensity (which was sorely lacking this weekend).

Their regular season game plan against the Warriors is really effective. I think if they can keep chipping the puck and making the Warriors d-man have to turn and chase them, they have a chance.

Player to watch: Lane Scheidl. He is a big body with speed. He gives the Warriors D fits.

Iconwhl

[QUOTE=witness;180312
    Player to watch: Lane Scheidl. He is a big body with speed. He gives the Warriors D fits.[/QUOTE]

I fully agree with u on the Player to Watch... he has burnt the Warriors all season long & always seems to play his best against the Warriors.

Also id like to say Stephenson as well, a soild playoff series (even if we get swept) could go a long ways in Stephenson draft position. He has been coming on down the stretch here as well.

The Pats desparately need to take Game 1 tho in this series, to assure themselves a split in MJ. Both buildings will be rocking, & the MJ rink has been a tough building to play in reguardless who u were this year. MJ couldnt of asked for a better season for the opening of the new building.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    I fully agree with u on the Player to Watch... he has burnt the Warriors all season long & always seems to play his best against the Warriors.

Also id like to say Stephenson as well, a soild playoff series (even if we get swept) could go a long ways in Stephenson draft position. He has been coming on down the stretch here as well.

The Pats desparately need to take Game 1 tho in this series, to assure themselves a split in MJ. Both buildings will be rocking, & the MJ rink has been a tough building to play in reguardless who u were this year. MJ couldnt of asked for a better season for the opening of the new building.
    We brought the spirit of the Cushed Can with us. Opponents lol can't wait for Fri
    GO WARRIORS GO

Pretty quiet on here lately. Big game tomorrow in MJ. Are any of you guys making the trip down the transcanada? The rivalry is alive and well. Not as heated as the early to mid 90's when a Regina fan punched out the Warriors mascot 'puck head'. Who happened to be an ederly lady. Any predictions on the game tomorrow and Friday? Regina's a scarey team IMO. As I've stated before MJ has everything to loose in this series and it's Regina's to steal. In the season series Regina has been good at agitating MJ causing them to take bad penalties. Hewitt has been lights out against MJ and has been a thorn in their side. Regina has had MJ's number in the new year. And Weal is Weal.

I'm going with the old man. Not wearing my Pats jersey. Don't wanna incite violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Herewegoagin View Post
    Pretty quiet on here lately. Big game tomorrow in MJ. Are any of you guys making the trip down the transcanada? The rivalry is alive and well. Not as heated as the early to mid 90's when a Regina fan punched out the Warriors mascot 'puck head'. Who happened to be an ederly lady. Any predictions on the game tomorrow and Friday? Regina's a scarey team IMO. As I've stated before MJ has everything to loose in this series and it's Regina's to steal. In the season series Regina has been good at agitating MJ causing them to take bad penalties. Hewitt has been lights out against MJ and has been a thorn in their side. Regina has had MJ's number in the new year. And Weal is Weal.
    If the Pats win one they'd be happy. Play offs are way more intense and the focus is a lot different than regular season.
    GO WARRIORS GO

Just going to say...the games still need to be played!

Quote Originally Posted by PPatsFFan View Post
    I'm going with the old man. Not wearing my Pats jersey. Don't wanna incite violence.
    Like I said opponents and now thier fans C'mon wear your team colors
    GO WARRIORS GO

Would love to rock the Pats jersey. Going with my 60 year old dad and 65 year old uncle. I know a whole flock of, hillbilly, sweat pant wearing citizens of Moose Jaw will be descending upon that rink. I also know that a good portion of these fine unemployed losers will be drinking, starting around 9 am I presume. So quite frankly instead of wearing the colors and starting a fight that I know I would win. I'll just enjoy both away games in silence.