• Calgary in 7

2 7.69%

Thread: POLL-Wheaties vs Hitmen Round 1

Default POLL-Wheaties vs Hitmen Round 1

Who wins and in how many?

Default Brandon in 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmen1 View Post
    Who wins and in how many?
    Of course, I want my team to win. But, all in all, it will be a tough series. We need certain guys back from injuries, and Boes has been lights out as of late. I feel we are in a good groove right now.

Who is projected to start in goal for Calgary?

My guess is Driedger will start in game 1,he has been a bit more consistent than Glover throughout the year but if he has a bad game,the team has confidence in Glover....As in most playoff series,it should come down to goaltending..I like the way the Hitmen's defence has been playing,and with their balanced scoring I think they will take this series in 6 games.....Looking forward to it..

Calgary the hottest team since Jan 1. Brandon the hottest team since Feb 1. So should be a good series. The Hitmen advantages in my mind are 2 decent goalies to Brandon's one. The Hitmen have more balanced scoring. The Hitmen have a better defensive structure limiting shots against.
    Brandon's advantages are the Stone/Ferland/Walker line, and playoff experience from last year.
    So my heart says WK's in 6, but my head says Calgary in 6.
    All depends if Bdn can get some secondary scoring.....we haven't all year so it's going to be tough!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Ya,Brandon's #1 line is scary,I think the East is wide open,even Kootenay as
    the 8th seed could pull off the upset,I wouldn't bet on it but we all saw what happened last year...
    Is Sundher injured?
    Last edited by armypower; 03-19-2012 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by armypower View Post
    Ya,Brandon's #1 line is scary,I think the East is wide open,even Kootenay as
    the 8th seed could pull off the upset,I wouldn't bet on it but we all saw what happened last year...
    Is Sundher injured?
    He was, but is now rested up for the playoffs. We are supposedly finally healthy, Mraz, Asham, Hunter, Sundher, Seaman all available for the playoffs, I'll believe it when I see it being as though all but 2 games since jan 1st have seen us dressing less than the allowed 3 of skaters.
    I think MJ win the east, but lose the dub final to portland
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Well the Hitmen are the brink of elimination now after another disappointing effort. Full marks to Brandon but something seems to be missing from the Hitmen in this series. A couple of things stand out for me that have led to Brandon's 3-1 series lead:
    1. The Hitmen are having all kinds of problems breaking through Brandon's trap and when the Hitmen dump it in, its Brandon recovering the puck not the Hitmen.
    2. The vets on the Hitmen have yet to show up. Bubnick has been MIA, Cheek has all his goals in one game. 25 goal scorer Brady Brassart has disappeared. The best players on the Hitmen have been the younger guys. Missing Rask can't make this much of a difference can it?
    3. Boes has been the best player on either team imo. Unfortunately for the Hitmen neither Dreidger or Glover have been good enough to win this series.

Now if the Hitmen can somehow win game 5 and get it back to the Dome. I don't think the Hitmen can comeback from 3-1 this year but they have to play a full 60 minutes Thursday night.