I guess that was our best game of the series, outshooting Loops by a decent margin and only losing the second period 2-0

Hamilton blew the angle on the first goal and went down too soon on the third (admittedly a fine shot, but). Blazers did a good shutdown job in the third, though our effort was still present. Bit of a sense of inevitability to the result.

So that's the season. Exciting start with Sundher, exciting finish against the Winterhawks. In the middle? Let's not talk about that too much. The fans were remarkably good all season, both in numbers, patience and general enthusiasm regardless of score. The screens made a big difference to the entertainment value and Marty was The Man as always.

I thought the over-agers should have been brought out at the end (I vaguely recall memories of that kind of thing years ago) to say a definite goodbye at the end of their junior careers, but you can't have everything.

Highlanders and Shamrocks for the summer. Well, the Stanley and Memorial Cups to watch first anyway