Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandon vs Calgary

Default Brandon vs Calgary

We played Calgary 4 times this year and are 1 and 3 against them. 2 of Calgary's wins came during that awful stretch after christmas.

Calgary has a very balanced attack with 6 20+ goal forwards. They have a good mix of size and speed up front. They like to roll 4 lines and play a up tempo hard forechecking style.

Their defense is huge. All big guys who play physical. It is also going to be key for them this series. If they can play phsical and stay out of the box against our foward group they will have success.

The weak point on the team is the tandem of Dreidger/Glover. Dreidger will stat and he is a bit inconsistent for Calgary this season. If Brandon can get on him early it will go a long way to winning this series.

The keys for Brandon are going to be secondary scoring. If we can get our second and third lines going we should win this series. Stones line will score but 1 line can't carry a team. If Seaman and Sundhar come back and play the way they can it will help us out.

Brandon is 15-4-2 in their last 21 games. The Best record in the league during that time. This isn't that struggling team that almost lost their playoff spot after Christmas. Boes is back and playing as good as we know he can. If he provides the same steady goaltending and we play solid defensively we should win this series.

My prediction

Brandon wins in 5. Boes keeps up his stellar play and our offense really starts to roll. Calgary's defense takes too many penalties and we make them pay. They are forced to try and play run and gun and it costs them.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
    The weak point on the team is the tandem of Dreidger/Glover. Dreidger will stat and he is a bit inconsistent for Calgary this season. If Brandon can get on him early it will go a long way to winning this series.
    Dreidger has been 1 of the most consistant goalies all year round, he isnt at elite status yet in the league but has put up very solid numbers all season.

The Hitmen will win this series just due to more scoring depth, like most CHL teams the scoring gets thin after the 1st line which is the case in BRN as well. WKs have elite talent in Stone & Ferland but after that it gets thin.

Boes has been riding a very hot hand since coming back from his hand injury.... The big crowds which will be in Calgary will favour the Hitmen as they have played infront of big crowds all season long, the city of calgary support the Hitmen the best fans in the WHL by far. The big crowds could intimidate Boes as a playoff rookie.

You guys have played great hockey down the stretch run, especially after the xmas break where things seemed to be falling apart very fast. The win against the Pats in Regina in early Feb turned the page for you guys. As much as i hate the WKs it was still nice to see cuz u guys always had the talent there, & i hate seeing teams under acheive.

Boes started against Medicine Hat in the playoffs last year, he's not a rookie.

Nice first win by Brandon. Thought we really contolled most of the game. Every line was solid. Best game Sundhar has played as a Wheatie. Boes a rock.

Ferland made Calgary his ***** that game. I dont think Calgary tried to throw a hit all game

Brutal performance by the Hitmen

Quote Originally Posted by armypower View Post
    Brutal performance by the Hitmen
    I wonder why the Hitmen didn't show up?
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

They are missing 2 of there best players in Rask and Slyvester. They looked really slow on Defense and really intimidated. Most of their shots were from the outside and if you take that stretch away at the end of the 1st/start of the 2nd they didn't do much. Brandon just shut it down after the 6th goal and took it eays.

I expect Calgary to come out with some more life tonight because if they don't this series will be over

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
    They are missing 2 of there best players in Rask and Slyvester. They looked really slow on Defense and really intimidated. Most of their shots were from the outside and if you take that stretch away at the end of the 1st/start of the 2nd they didn't do much. Brandon just shut it down after the 6th goal and took it eays.

I expect Calgary to come out with some more life tonight because if they don't this series will be over
    The Calgary Herald is drooling over Ferland, ready to put him in the Flames team!!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Both him and DD did there jobs in spades last night. No one stood up to them all night even after the game was done you would think that Calgary would want to send a message that they could not be pushed around.