Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Brandon vs Calgary

Ok game from the Wheaties last night. Calgary tried to lul them to sleep again like they did on Friday but a few timely goals and it was pretty much over after that.

Without 2 of there top scorers Calgary has trouble mustering any offense. We could probably put this series to bed tomorrow early with a goal or 2.

Couple things are helping the underdogs in this series. More balanced scoring, the top line has scored 30% of the goals, and in the regular season it was 42%.
    And Boes has continued his stellar tending, 3rd best save % (.916%) in the regular season the 4th best save% (.933%) in the playoffs.
    If those 2 things continue, the WK's have a good chance to move to the 2nd round. But this team wasn't consistent all year, so why would they start now?
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Went in and watched the game. Loved the opening faceoff, before the puck was even dropped when Walker cross checked Bubnick to the ice! The linesman looked stunned, he didn't know what to do. haha.
    Also the disallowed goal for the Wheatkings was a colossal horse$h!t call!!! Puck was sitting behind Glover in the wide open and the ref blows it down! What a dummy! Luckily the Wheaties still won or there would have been a huge uproar over that.

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    Couple things are helping the underdogs in this series. More balanced scoring, the top line has scored 30% of the goals, and in the regular season it was 42%.
    And Boes has continued his stellar tending, 3rd best save % (.916%) in the regular season the 4th best save% (.933%) in the playoffs.
    If those 2 things continue, the WK's have a good chance to move to the 2nd round. But this team wasn't consistent all year, so why would they start now?
    Underdogs not sure i would go that far sure it says 3 vs 6 but to me you guys have under achieved and should almost be the favorites

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    Underdogs not sure i would go that far sure it says 3 vs 6 but to me you guys have under achieved and should almost be the favorites
    Well warrior fans on here say we are terrible, at 1 point they were backing RD to make the 8th spot ahead of us, so I'm going with their expertise that we are in fact a brutal team with no defence or goaltending. I'm just happy to be here as cannon fodder for any of the top 4 teams!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    Well warrior fans on here say we are terrible, at 1 point they were backing RD to make the 8th spot ahead of us, so I'm going with their expertise that we are in fact a brutal team with no defence or goaltending. I'm just happy to be here as cannon fodder for any of the top 4 teams!
    Well shall you guys meet up in these playoffs i will be behind you guy's they got a little to cocky this year those tribe fans

Well shall you guys meet up in these playoffs i will be behind you guy's they got a little to cocky this year those tribe fans
    The guys who led the league in cockiness last year should be quiet
    GO WARRIORS GO

Quote Originally Posted by mjw22 View Post
    The guys who led the league in cockiness last year should be quiet
    A little healthy ribbing never hurt anyone lol

A little healthy ribbing never hurt anyone lol
    no it doesn't but 'toon fans lead in that dept year after year
    GO WARRIORS GO

Wonder who Cgy puts in net tomorrow? Bdn seem to have their way with Driedger (cue driedger to throw a shout out now!!), so I guess they put Glover in....