Thread: Giants acquire dominic volek

why get another 19 yr old (euro) and deal an 18 year old? Also I think that a 4th and a third seems to be a high price, but then those others on this site might believe differently
    My Vancouver Giants focused Blog

A Shot From The Corner

http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/

Ast requested a trade. And I agree, a 3rd and a 4th is high in my opinion too. Especially because I see him as just a rental for a half a season. I doubt he is back next year as a two spotter. Either way the Giants have to move some of these excess draft picks they've acquired.

Essentially, if you look soley at the picks traded....In a three way deal, we traded Zalitach for Volek...
    After last night, it looks like a good deal.
    Warm Up the Bus....

That is true. Although in fairness Friday night isn't really a fair sample size. With the goal tending displayed in that game almost anybody can look good.

I don't really have an issue with the acquisition. I just wish we got a player for more than just a half a season. Obviously the price tags were too high at the deadline. I'm betting Bonner uses some of those picks to acquire a top six forward during the off season.

haha. in context with the half-season we get now, the reference of poor picks in the Ast thread I couldn't help but think maybe we should make sure Bonner does his homework and not pick a current 20 that won't even play next year.