Thread: Fine Question

Default Fine Question

$500.00 for violation of the WHL Social Media and Networking Policy on March 24

Anyone know what happened here?

Quote Originally Posted by CdnSailor View Post
    $500.00 for violation of the WHL Social Media and Networking Policy on March 24

Anyone know what happened here?
    Cody Fowlie put up some obscenity filled tweets that were critical of the officiating after the game.

as per Greg Drinnan's column....

After its annual general meeting in June, the league announced: “The WHL has adopted a Social Media and Networking Policy designed to educate players and all members of the WHL community on the risks associated with this new medium. The policy contains guidelines for using social media in a responsible manner and areas which would constitute a League violation.”
    Now I haven’t seen a copy of that policy but I’m thinking it was violated at some point after Saturday’s playoff action.
    I didn’t see it but I am told that a player who shall go unnamed tweeted this:
    “Never seen such bull**** refing in my life. #conspiracy #anythingfortricity what a f'en joke”
    Except that he didn’t write ‘f’en’, preferring to spell it out in case there was any doubt.
    Apparently, the tweet was deleted about an hour after it first showed up.
    Could be an interesting test for the WHL’s social media policy, whatever it is.

only the **** was the actual "S" word as well.

this old guy can read between the lines with his glasses.

thanks,