Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Roy the next Melnychuk

Default Roy the next Melnychuk

I know the whole team played awful, but Roy was the cream of the crop at playing horrible. To make things worse, they paired him with Miller. I would have paired him with Rene Hunter who is by far our best defensive defenseman. Roy has a huge offensive upside, but he is a huge liability defensively. I think maybe he would be better served as a forward threat that could QB the powerplay. I dont know, but he is just getting worse and worse at turning over the puck, getting burnt and pinching.

Member of the Grind Line, and he's gonna leave you black and blue!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatie Pete View Post
    I know the whole team played awful, but Roy was the cream of the crop at playing horrible. To make things worse, they paired him with Miller. I would have paired him with Rene Hunter who is by far our best defensive defenseman. Roy has a huge offensive upside, but he is a huge liability defensively. I think maybe he would be better served as a forward threat that could QB the powerplay. I dont know, but he is just getting worse and worse at turning over the puck, getting burnt and pinching.
    I wouldn't say the next Melnychuk. Lol. He has had a rough second half of the season. He's still young and very promising. Nobody has been good this entire series either, except Boes.

All-Time Favorite.

He had a horrible game, but not as bad as Miller. At least Roy has potential and time to improve his defence. He, like the whole team (except Bertaggia, Swripa and Nikkel), needs to learn to take the body more consistently and finish his checks. We must be the easiest team in the league to play against physically.
    The more I watch Nikkel, the more I think he'll be a star in this league.
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Roy had a terrible game. Nursing an injury though. Miller was worse however

Roy is going to get drafted in the 1st round next year something Melnychuk can only dream of.

5 to 1 loss and the westman place caves in on the d-men. Since #3 came back from his injury he's been the WK's best defenceman. Totally agree it was a bad game last night by the forwards and d-men, Boes other then 1 soft 1 was spectacular AGAIN. The 2 games in Edmonton there was a very good WK team that played there (defence included). 3 of the 5 goals that the WK's have scored in this series have been by the d-men. Are Roy,Miller and Melynchuk that bad....I think not. maybe the mighty offensive forwards need to start doing their job.

Wishing your team luck this evening.

Both Stone & Ferland are questionable for tonight, without them (although neither have really been a factor) we're going nowhere fast.

All-Time Favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by duke23 View Post
    5 to 1 loss and the westman place caves in on the d-men. Since #3 came back from his injury he's been the WK's best defenceman. Totally agree it was a bad game last night by the forwards and d-men, Boes other then 1 soft 1 was spectacular AGAIN. The 2 games in Edmonton there was a very good WK team that played there (defence included). 3 of the 5 goals that the WK's have scored in this series have been by the d-men. Are Roy,Miller and Melynchuk that bad....I think not. maybe the mighty offensive forwards need to start doing their job.
    I'd agree that since January the defence has been ok. Nikkel has improved beyond recognition. Melnychuk has thrived since he started to focus on defence. Hunter's Hunter, a 5th or 6th d-man. Pulock has cemented his place as a premier d-man. Roy has shown he can be a Housley type player. Waltz stepped in and was competent in a tough spot. Kuczek has quit the team from what I hear. Miller is the only guy who's regressed. I don't think he's been right since that huge hit in training camp from Ferland.
    As Luber said yesterday, some forwards need to buck up in order for Bdn to have a chance. They didn't, and we don't!
    Hopefully next season right from the get go the players believe in and listen to CC, and we don't get a mini rebellion on our hands again. And we don't trade for bad characters as we did this season.
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Default Fenland probally out

One of the guys I work with was working at the keystone CRT today and he said he's sure Ferland has a broken hand. The way he was holding it and he couldn't close his hand. Got it hurt blocking a shot. And slashed

Member of the Grind Line, and he's gonna leave you black and blue!

One of the guys I work with was working at the keystone CRT today and he said he's sure Ferland has a broken hand. The way he was holding it and he couldn't close his hand. Got it hurt blocking a shot. And slashed
    Kuczek has quit the team, won't be back next year. All in all, a decent season. I don't want to call it a success because we should have been better than what we were. I'm unsure of these trades too, looks like a step back even though our prospect pool is very good. Lots of rumblings about Hawryluk too, possibly another Schenn situation.

All in all, it's going to be a difficult season next season...we've probably saw the last of Stone, Ferland and obviously the overagers too. We got a very promising goaltender in Boes and steady defense next season, but I don't know where all the scoring is going to come from.

All-Time Favorite.