Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Clouston

Default Clouston

The Pipeline show blog yesterday said Clouston could be on his way out of Brandon, thoughts? I wondering if it may be true because you never see Clouston doing "community" things like the Asst Coaches do. I noticed its the Asst Coaches who always did the youth camps during the season and are scheduled for the summer youth camp. It was them doing McHappy Days. Rumour had it in Ott he wasn't a people person maybe its true. The Blog also mentioned the Ice could be looking for a head coach, wonder if he'd move back there.

Default If Clouston is leaving.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ott View Post
    The Pipeline show blog yesterday said Clouston could be on his way out of Brandon, thoughts? I wondering if it may be true because you never see Clouston doing "community" things like the Asst Coaches do. I noticed its the Asst Coaches who always did the youth camps during the season and are scheduled for the summer youth camp. It was them doing McHappy Days. Rumour had it in Ott he wasn't a people person maybe its true. The Blog also mentioned the Ice could be looking for a head coach, wonder if he'd move back there.
    and KM searches for another experienced HC, I would love to see Brad Truitt land here. He was released from his AC job in the AHL this spring and is available. Brad was an assistant under Marc Habschield in Kelowna when they won the Mem Cup, and the was HC when they won the league title against us the following year. But, again, he would not likely be here for a very long term.

I agree, Clouston doesn't seem to be the outgoing type. I believe he will take a job in the pros at some level next year. Something just never seemed to jive with him. He seems to be more of a strategist than a people person. In junior, you need to be both.

Default What's been in the Sun?

Hey, I'm not in the area and too cheap to pay for the Sun on line, what's been going on between Clouston and KM? If they are on different pages as Luber mentioned could be the case, why is CC staying? Sounds like CC should just leave the Coaching ranks he seems to have burned bridges lately. Sad, at once he was suppose to have a promising career in front of him, oh well always another young hot shot to set in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ott View Post
    Hey, I'm not in the area and too cheap to pay for the Sun on line, what's been going on between Clouston and KM? If they are on different pages as Luber mentioned could be the case, why is CC staying? Sounds like CC should just leave the Coaching ranks he seems to have burned bridges lately. Sad, at once he was suppose to have a promising career in front of him, oh well always another young hot shot to set in.
    He seems he would be a great asst. coach in the AHL or NHL. As I've said before, great at strategy, but lacks people management skills. If he does leave, it would not surprise me if Dwayne Gylowoychuk was promoted to head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wheatiemaniac View Post
    He seems he would be a great asst. coach in the AHL or NHL. As I've said before, great at strategy, but lacks people management skills. If he does leave, it would not surprise me if Dwayne Gylowoychuk was promoted to head coach.
    CC is gone. BWK web site.

Yep looks like KM had enough and decided to change it up. Talked with a few players last week and they knew this was going to happen. They hated playing for the guy. Sounded like he wouldn't talk to players off the ice at all. Not sure what that is about but you have to be able to mentor these young men.

Default Bingo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
    Yep looks like KM had enough and decided to change it up. Talked with a few players last week and they knew this was going to happen. They hated playing for the guy. Sounded like he wouldn't talk to players off the ice at all. Not sure what that is about but you have to be able to mentor these young men.
    ou hit it right on the head. You have to be a teacher. When word of dissention came out last year, I thought people were just overreacting to the slump. But yes, he failed miserably at endearing himself to anyone.

Brad Truitt, I hope, will get some consideration. He was a great mentor in Kelowna to guys like Shea Weber and Luke Schenn. It will be an interesting summer awaiting news on his replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wheatiemaniac View Post
    ou hit it right on the head. You have to be a teacher. When word of dissention came out last year, I thought people were just overreacting to the slump. But yes, he failed miserably at endearing himself to anyone.

Brad Truitt, I hope, will get some consideration. He was a great mentor in Kelowna to guys like Shea Weber and Luke Schenn. It will be an interesting summer awaiting news on his replacement.
    Why do you keep talking about this brad guy? TRY JEFF

Default Bye Bye

I feel bad for the guy, he probably doesn't even get what he's doing wrong but his once promising career had dwindled quickly. For his sake, I hope he see his faults soon and has a chance to regain his career. He wasn't bad in Kootney from what I'ver read. Not too be too much a chick, but I really feel bad for wife and kid. Poor kid has had to find a new school and new hockey team how many times now.

Default WK new coach

I would hope that with a young team this coming season that Kelly Mc would hire someone like Hunchak or Truitt and NOT Glow-woy chuck. I think is better off managing the team instead of coaching.