Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Clouston

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    I would hope that with a young team this coming season that Kelly Mc would hire someone like Hunchak or Truitt and NOT Glow-woy chuck. I think is better off managing the team instead of coaching.
    Not a huge fan of Hunchak, but saw first hand what Truitt is capable of doing with young players. He tops my wishlist. But at this point, cutting ties with Clouston was beyond necessary. The year that might have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
    Yep looks like KM had enough and decided to change it up. Talked with a few players last week and they knew this was going to happen. They hated playing for the guy. Sounded like he wouldn't talk to players off the ice at all. Not sure what that is about but you have to be able to mentor these young men.
    Who did you talk to? No one knew this was going to happen until today. And be fair to Clouston, he wasn't that bad, he talked to the players. Maybe not as often as other coaches, I don't know because I wasn't there but to say he didn't talk to players at all is false.

It's true some of the boys didn't buy into his coaching strategies, the evidence was on the ice and apparently there has been internal issues with Clouston and Crim as per the Brandon papers? Either way, I wouldn't be real surprised if Kelly was back behind the bench but there's lots of time to find a coach so we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Table View Post
    Why do you keep talking about this brad guy? TRY JEFF
    I stand corrected....lol. my bad.

Default Read Lubers Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    Who did you talk to? No one knew this was going to happen until today. And be fair to Clouston, he wasn't that bad, he talked to the players. Maybe not as often as other coaches, I don't know because I wasn't there but to say he didn't talk to players at all is false.

It's true some of the boys didn't buy into his coaching strategies, the evidence was on the ice and apparently there has been internal issues with Clouston and Crim as per the Brandon papers? Either way, I wouldn't be real surprised if Kelly was back behind the bench but there's lots of time to find a coach so we'll see.
    Bruce put on his blog about his lack of communication with the players. And he is there alot. I will take his word from the inside before that of most anyone else. Not saying this in a crass way, but Luber travels with and covers them all season. He is where most Wheat Kings news gets to before we hear it.
    Last edited by The Wheatiemaniac; 05-15-2012 at 10:56 PM. Reason: add on.

I know who he is, I'm just correcting the statement that he doesn't talk to the players at all.

And as far as news goes, he's usually pretty good but I found it funny he included 'apparently' in his piece on Boesy. Classic haha.

Iconwhl

getting rid of Clouston comes at no surprise at all, with the talent level the Wheat Kings had this year they should of finished no less then 4th & they should of had that wrapped up before March... Clouston has under-acheived in his last 2 coaching jobs i dont see many taking a chance on him anymore to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post

I think anyone close to the team did know this "had" to happen. I've also talked to some players, willing to say a little more with season over and I willing to ask some questions I wouldn't during the season, CC was the most negative "Person" the've ever met and there were some players he didn't speak to at all the entire season! Stop asking who was talked to. You can take it for what it's worth! There's a Huge difference between "Tough" and "Negative"!

Default Stone

See I knew Stone was the start of Clouston down fall. Guess Stone brought his "Sens Hate" of Clouston with him after training camp. Bet CC sorry he wrote such a nice email about him to the Sens after the season was over. Oh well, time to move on for everyone.

Icon06 Dont Think Your Assessment Of Stone is Accurate

Quote Originally Posted by Ott View Post
    See I knew Stone was the start of Clouston down fall. Guess Stone brought his "Sens Hate" of Clouston with him after training camp. Bet CC sorry he wrote such a nice email about him to the Sens after the season was over. Oh well, time to move on for everyone.
    I have seen your take on Stone all year and I couldn't disagree more. I've met the kid a few times and he is the last guy I would characterise as being a prima donna or trouble maker. I think you are off the mark if you think he is.

Stone was not one of the guys who disliked CC. I actually think he was one of the few guys who did like him

If you were 16 or 17 the guy wouldn't spit on you if you were on fire. The guys I talked to said he had little to no time for any of the younger guys.