Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Clouston

Default Probably right

Quote Originally Posted by wheatiesfan View Post
    I have seen your take on Stone all year and I couldn't disagree more. I've met the kid a few times and he is the last guy I would characterise as being a prima donna or trouble maker. I think you are off the mark if you think he is.
    Guess, I'm guilty of what I've accused Stone of being influence by Ott. I follow too many Ott fans who are just loving this and making Stone a hero for taking Clouston down (again). For some reason, Ott fans like to see ex players and coaches fail and love to broadcast it when they do. Personally, I was hoping CC would do well and it's sad as I mentioned that he seems to have a chip on his shoulder. Still think it has to do with him not playing the game, it seems to be a big issue these days. Which I don't get because Bowman or Babcock never played at a high level and they're great coaches. Maybe Clouston will get lucky to mentor under a Coach like that to him him get over it.

It would be a real coup if we landed Dave Lowry (dream on, right!)
    Maybe Kuzcek will be back now there's a new coach?
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    It would be a real coup if we landed Dave Lowry (dream on, right!)
    Maybe Kuzcek will be back now there's a new coach?
    There was an article in Bdn. Sun about Kuzcek planning to come back and about him rehabbing a knee that kept him out last part of season. Although , he would have been in tough to get any playing time even with a good knee/

Default Kuczek

Quote Originally Posted by olwpgjet View Post
    There was an article in Bdn. Sun about Kuzcek planning to come back and about him rehabbing a knee that kept him out last part of season. Although , he would have been in tough to get any playing time even with a good knee/
    I really hope this kid stays with us. When Klarc Wilson embarrassed Miller on home ice in a fight, everyone said how Wilson was such a tough guy. Then, 2 weeks later in Edmonton, Wilson challenged Kuczek and Dylan administered a first class beat down on Mr. Wilson. Now granted, Wilson is without a doubt a premier tough guy. And for Dylan to go toe to toe with him and take him down the way he did shows he can answer the bell for his team when need be.

He is also a great skater. With regular playing time, I think he could really be a solid D man in the Dub. He's a gamer who seems to have a grasp on discipline. I would take him over Miller. Ryley has good spirts but shows he can't stay disciplined. time to give the ice time to develop the young guys. Besides, we need OA forwards this year to help the young guys bridge the gap.

Quote Originally Posted by WHLFANMAN View Post
    I think anyone close to the team did know this "had" to happen. I've also talked to some players, willing to say a little more with season over and I willing to ask some questions I wouldn't during the season, CC was the most negative "Person" the've ever met and there were some players he didn't speak to at all the entire season! Stop asking who was talked to. You can take it for what it's worth! There's a Huge difference between "Tough" and "Negative"!
    I will take it for what it's worth. There has been a few times where people have 'claimed' to talk to someone only to report false information on here. I'm not saying you have, I'm just trying to be fair to the truth for anyone willing to listen. I have asked those questions as well and the fact is a lot of the guys have different feelings about Clouston. Some guys liked him, and many didn't, including Luber obviously. I'm not saying they should have kept him, I agree with Kelly letting him go because obviously it wasn't working out.

It's silly to say he got let go because of this reason or that reason because quite honestly it doesn't matter at this point. I really don't like Luber's blog about it because he doesn't even know what's going on right now. That blog is so negative. It's clear that Luber doesn't like him and he threw him under the bus. If it should have been released why he was let go, Kelly would have done it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    I will take it for what it's worth. There has been a few times where people have 'claimed' to talk to someone only to report false information on here. I'm not saying you have, I'm just trying to be fair to the truth for anyone willing to listen. I have asked those questions as well and the fact is a lot of the guys have different feelings about Clouston. Some guys liked him, and many didn't, including Luber obviously. I'm not saying they should have kept him, I agree with Kelly letting him go because obviously it wasn't working out.

It's silly to say he got let go because of this reason or that reason because quite honestly it doesn't matter at this point. I really don't like Luber's blog about it because he doesn't even know what's going on right now. That blog is so negative. It's clear that Luber doesn't like him and he threw him under the bus. If it should have been released why he was let go, Kelly would have done it.
    The reason KM gave was due to the possibility of Clouston getting a pro job later this summer and getting caught without a head coach after the premier candidates have all been hired elsewhere. Smart business move by Kelly.

The fact is, everyone can speculate all they want. Clouston is no longer the coach of the Wheat Kings. The reasons why no longer matter.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wheatiemaniac View Post
    The reason KM gave was due to the possibility of Clouston getting a pro job later this summer and getting caught without a head coach after the premier candidates have all been hired elsewhere. Smart business move by Kelly.

The fact is, everyone can speculate all they want. Clouston is no longer the coach of the Wheat Kings. The reasons why no longer matter.
    Agreed!

No big loss for WK or league . the guy needs an attitude adjustment
    GO WARRIORS GO

How about Knoblauch? The guy is a proven winner in only the two seaons he was head coach of the Ice.

Knoblauch would be a hell of an addition. However Kelly has an overrated opinion of his own coching abilities and will most likely take over again.