Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Clouston

Default KM

Quote Originally Posted by ELL View Post
    Knoblauch would be a hell of an addition. However Kelly has an overrated opinion of his own coching abilities and will most likely take over again.
    I agree that he is a far better Gm than a coach, but I don't see him him hiring another coach unless Clouston takes another job and his salary is off the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Balgonie View Post
    How about Knoblauch? The guy is a proven winner in only the two seaons he was head coach of the Ice.
    I read somewhere else on here that he wants the U of A job.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I read somewhere else on here that he wants the U of A job.
    That job has already been filled.

Quote Originally Posted by ELL View Post
    Knoblauch would be a hell of an addition. However Kelly has an overrated opinion of his own coching abilities and will most likely take over again.
    KM is going to wait for the full list of candidates to become available. If he can find a guy with a great track record who wants to play by KM's terms, my guess is he'll be the guy. But if KM decides that nobody wants to play under his terms, there are worse alternatives out there than Kelly retaking the back of the bench.

Guys like Knoblauch are available and would not be a horrible choice, or would he? We all jumped up and down clapping when Clouston hit town last year.

So I'll let KM decide who he wants to coach the Wheat Kings, and I'll just be a Wheat Kings fan like I've always been.

BLACK AND GOLD FOREVER!!!
    @Wheatiemaniac on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wheatiemaniac View Post
    KM is going to wait for the full list of candidates to become available. If he can find a guy with a great track record who wants to play by KM's terms, my guess is he'll be the guy. But if KM decides that nobody wants to play under his terms, there are worse alternatives out there than Kelly retaking the back of the bench.

Guys like Knoblauch are available and would not be a horrible choice, or would he? We all jumped up and down clapping when Clouston hit town last year.

So I'll let KM decide who he wants to coach the Wheat Kings, and I'll just be a Wheat Kings fan like I've always been.

BLACK AND GOLD FOREVER!!!
    Very well put!

Default New Coach

Sadly, I think it's gonna have to be KM because I don't see Clouston getting a pro job for a couple reason. First he rep has taken a pretty bad beating in the past two years with the two firing. Secondly, I can see him sitting because he can taking a year off might work best for him and his family; it seem pretty obvious the he wasn't fired before he had a chance to quit and leave the team hanging. Rather because everyone wanted him gone, I could see him making the team and KM suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ott View Post
    Sadly, I think it's gonna have to be KM because I don't see Clouston getting a pro job for a couple reason. First he rep has taken a pretty bad beating in the past two years with the two firing. Secondly, I can see him sitting because he can taking a year off might work best for him and his family; it seem pretty obvious the he wasn't fired before he had a chance to quit and leave the team hanging. Rather because everyone wanted him gone, I could see him making the team and KM suffer.
    I wouldn't say KM coaching would make he or the team suffer. But I would agree it would be in CC's nature to look at it that way.