Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Blades taking shape

Quote Originally Posted by Western Elite View Post
    won't happen...Knoblauch is going somewhere in the CIS.

If ur talking the UofA, according to reports he's not one of the top candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by saskatoonblades123 View Post
    Blades hosting spring camp this weekend.

Anyone else interested in maybe going to watch the on ice stuff? Sounds like the first ice session is going to be tomorrow morning at Shroh. Might be cool to check it out for a bit.

I was hoping to go, but unfortunately I have to work! Any arm chair scouting reports would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    If ur talking the UofA, according to reports he's not one of the top candidates.
    That's not what my sources told me he is a strong canidate to take over with the UOFA

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    That's not what my sources told me he is a strong canidate to take over with the UOFA
    Just was saying what some reports have said thats all. I think it's kinda odd he'd go and coach CIS hockey. I guess the money is probably better and closer to family.

what shawinigan did to their roster as hosts.

seven deals involving 12 players and 15 picks.

it was felt the cataractes weak link was their defense. gormley, narbonne, and ellis changed half their defense.

at forward needed a little more, added kabanov.

i think the blades defense is reasonably solid (a bit like shawinigans forwards), would expect molleken to try to add a true power play quarterback.

the forwards are the weak link with not enough punch. i'd watch for molleken to make at least two or three more deals to improve the depth and especially the top six.

the shawinigan example suggests the mccolgan/astles trade is just the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by wango tango View Post
    what shawinigan did to their roster as hosts.

seven deals involving 12 players and 15 picks.

it was felt the cataractes weak link was their defense. gormley, narbonne, and ellis changed half their defense.

at forward needed a little more, added kabanov.

i think the blades defense is reasonably solid (a bit like shawinigans forwards), would expect molleken to try to add a true power play quarterback.

the forwards are the weak link with not enough punch. i'd watch for molleken to make at least two or three more deals to improve the depth and especially the top six.

the shawinigan example suggests the mccolgan/astles trade is just the beginning.
    This post makes a lot of sense. I wish BWK's would have done a lot more and sacrificed the next couple seasons.....But Windsor would have been tough, no matter what.
    BWK did ok, went 0 and 2 with Windsor, 1 and 0 with Moncton and 1 and 1 with Cgy, just not structured and skilled enough to live with Windsor
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.