Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Blades taking shape

With Astles here, I don't see Haas being here, there's no room for him. All he did was try and pick fights, come on the team doesn't need that when their trying to win the Memorial Cup. If Haas is kept over a scoring forward then Molleken is out to lunch.

The team has enough checking type players now with Astles on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    With Astles here, I don't see Haas being here, there's no room for him. All he did was try and pick fights, come on the team doesn't need that when their trying to win the Memorial Cup. If Haas is kept over a scoring forward then Molleken is out to lunch.

The team has enough checking type players now with Astles on the team.
    I agree here there is no room for Haas Astles is a way better version of Haas i'm not so sure another team would even take a shot with Haas at all

Guy like Haas would be taking a role away from a possible rookie liek stockl or graham that can just not happen

I would love to see astles on a checking line with Benson and either stovin or zajac

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    Yes, but there's a much better chance Dumba makes the show in 13/14 than Pulock, a year after being drafted don't you think?
    In theory yes. Dumba would have 2 NHL camps worth of experience, and with how Hockey Canada loves first round picks will more than likely be on the World Junior squad this December. Not that Pulock won't be, Ryan Murray played this past winter and isn't drafted yet. But I'd be willing to bet Nicholosn already has Dumba's name on a sweater.

That experience gives him a better chance, but I don't think either one would have high chances of making the show in 13/14.

4. Default

Ppl are clueless if we think we are going to get Murray or Pulock.

Murray will be in the NHL next season, Pulock is Brandon's one untouchable. Likely the same for Dumba.

I would agree with other posts that guys like Lowry or Gordon are much safer bets to bring in up front.

I would suspect we add one more very good D.

Quote Originally Posted by saskatoonblades123 View Post

Murray will be in the NHL next season, Pulock is Brandon's one untouchable. Likely the same for Dumba.

I would agree with other posts that guys like Lowry or Gordon are much safer bets to bring in up front.

I wouldn't be so sure on landing swifty players they are gonna be a lot better next season they are returning alot of guys up front they can have moser black lowry and gordon returning pretty much there whole defense as well, i think there gonna wanna make a push for the playoffs next season seeing as they have missed quit a bit lately

Sure glad i started this thread alot of good discussion going on

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure on landing swifty players they are gonna be a lot better next season they are returning alot of guys up front they can have moser black lowry and gordon returning pretty much there whole defense as well, i think there gonna wanna make a push for the playoffs next season seeing as they have missed quit a bit lately

Sure glad i started this thread alot of good discussion going on
    Ran into someone close with the team last night. He says the trades have got the players attention and some are worried about being dealt. Also says it's tough to trade for any real "big" names at this time, because of the situation with the NHL collective bargaining agreement. If the NHL has a lock out, lots of real good players will be available next year. It will be interesting!
    Last edited by curwie; 05-08-2012 at 02:39 PM.

lol. I think I'll bookmark this post.

there is no such thing as an untouchable.

exhibit a: gretzky, wayne.

i'm not so sure there will be an nhl next season. the two sides haven't even started talking yet.

and if there is no nhl next season that'll have a huge impact on potential 20's and 19's who could be in junior across the chl.

i think molleken is prepared to pay almost any price to get the players he wants.

and yeah if i was a current member of the blades i'd be nervous too. they had a chance over the last two seasons to show they wanted to be in saskatoon playing for a memorial cup, and precious did.

Quote Originally Posted by wango tango View Post
    there is no such thing as an untouchable.

exhibit a: gretzky, wayne.

i'm not so sure there will be an nhl next season. the two sides haven't even started talking yet.

and if there is no nhl next season that'll have a huge impact on potential 20's and 19's who could be in junior across the chl.

i think molleken is prepared to pay almost any price to get the players he wants.

and yeah if i was a current member of the blades i'd be nervous too. they had a chance over the last two seasons to show they wanted to be in saskatoon playing for a memorial cup, and precious did.

Excellent post! Agreed 100 percent!

10. Default Saskatoon's 2014 1st round bantam pick

Quote Originally Posted by wango tango View Post

i'm not going to be surprised to see traded, released, etc. nicholls. dietz. collins. mcevoy. muller. stipancik. graham. stockl. todd. hickmott. nogier. lernout. hnidy. pichonsky. benson. moodie. 2013 and 2014 1st round bantam picks. 2013 1st round import draft pick.
    The Blades can't trade their 2014 1st round pick. As part of the deal to acquire Brenden Walker from Brandon, the Blades have given the Wheat Kings the option of swapping 1st round picks with them in 2014.