Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Next year??

Quote Originally Posted by The Wheatiemaniac View Post
    I agree, that an AC joint is a tricky injury. But Kuczek has more potential than people might realize. And this will be his year to blossom or wilt. Personally, I feel he is worth the chance. Yes Nikkel provides the physical aspect, but we need more than one or two. We need people to be scared of us again. And we haven't had that since the days of Erb and McCue.

And I don't feel he gets beaten wide as a 17 yr old anywhere near the ratio that Melnychuk got left behind as a 19 and 20 year old. Melnychuk was not what we needed as an overage. Nor was Ciarelli for that matter. And this year we won't need the likes of Miller and Favreau. we will need higher end scoring. I just hope it will be addressed as such.
    I'll Give him this. He deserves a chance after what he went through last year with CC tied around both ankles!

He reminds me a lot of Theran Yeo. I think he could be that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by chalk_one_up View Post
    He reminds me a lot of Theran Yeo. I think he could be that guy.
    Thank you. That is the perfect comparison I've been looking for. Dylan even said as much about not coming to camp ready with the full understanding of what would be expected of him. Now that he does, it's basically his spot to lose. I believe he will make the most of his opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wheatiemaniac View Post
    Thank you. That is the perfect comparison I've been looking for. Dylan even said as much about not coming to camp ready with the full understanding of what would be expected of him. Now that he does, it's basically his spot to lose. I believe he will make the most of his opportunity.
    I hope you guys are bang on! After all it's all about the team!

Quote Originally Posted by WHLFANMAN View Post
    I hope you guys are bang on! After all it's all about the team!
    The new crop of forwards next season will be fun to watch as it will introduce the new era of players we will love, complain about, covet, and wish they were traded. But in the end, for now, we will all cling to that one thing that we have in hand at this very moment.....high hopes.
    @Wheatiemaniac on twitter.

You guy's are gonna have a very very hard time scoring goals next season you think it's possible kelly maybe trades a guy like roy for a forward ?

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    You guy's are gonna have a very very hard time scoring goals next season you think it's possible kelly maybe trades a guy like roy for a forward ?
    Nope not a chance

The plan will be to go with a younger group up front and then compete for it all the next year which will be Pulock and Roy's final junior year.

Should give enough time for all those 16/17 year old forwards to mature a year in the league have Boes as a 20 year old with Papirny in the wings and all those D men will be very rock solid 18/19 year olds.

Then they will still have a huge stock pile of draf picks and prospects to look at adding 1 or 2 real good forwards that year.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
    Nope not a chance

The plan will be to go with a younger group up front and then compete for it all the next year which will be Pulock and Roy's final junior year.

Should give enough time for all those 16/17 year old forwards to mature a year in the league have Boes as a 20 year old with Papirny in the wings and all those D men will be very rock solid 18/19 year olds.

Then they will still have a huge stock pile of draf picks and prospects to look at adding 1 or 2 real good forwards that year.
    Hmmm? Sounds solid. But have we ever seen Kelly sit back like that?

Quote Originally Posted by WHLFANMAN View Post
    Hmmm? Sounds solid. But have we ever seen Kelly sit back like that?
    Yes. In Schenns,Glennies and Calverts rookie season. We were supposed to be very poor that year. KM didn't add anyone really until he got McCue for some more protection.

We made the playoffs that year. Schenn,Glennie,Calvert,Robak,Melynchuk,Hale,King,G rill-Donovan,Hayes, and Cirarelli were all 16/17 year olds

Default Next year

I would like to see Kelly find someone to protect the younger players that will make up the team this year. The difficulty is finding a tough guy that you can play regularly and not be a detriment to the team. The team should have 2 maybe 3 openings at the 20 yr old spot. Miller may be back, but surely the team wouldn't bring Favreau back as a 20 yr old---waste of a roster spot. I would think that Mraz's days are numbered as well--they could find a better Euro. I wonder why we can't get a Euro like some of the ones I watched during the Mem Cup? They were impact players.We should have a better idea after this weekend of which young players will be here next year.