Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Next year??

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
    Yes. In Schenns,Glennies and Calverts rookie season. We were supposed to be very poor that year. KM didn't add anyone really until he got McCue for some more protection.

We made the playoffs that year. Schenn,Glennie,Calvert,Robak,Melynchuk,Hale,King,G rill-Donovan,Hayes, and Cirarelli were all 16/17 year olds
    That was a freak season it's not everyday a schenn calvert or glennie come around, i can't see any of your rookies coming in being put on a baby blue line and lighting it up like those boys did just a outside perspective is all, your defense and goaltending may keep you close to a playoff spot however

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    You guy's are gonna have a very very hard time scoring goals next season you think it's possible kelly maybe trades a guy like roy for a forward ?
    You might have a better chance getting Nikkel back.

Quote Originally Posted by WHLFANMAN View Post
    You might have a better chance getting Nikkel back.
    Haha nice Aryton will be a good 1 no doubt about it he plays a little like phanuef to me

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    That was a freak season it's not everyday a schenn calvert or glennie come around, i can't see any of your rookies coming in being put on a baby blue line and lighting it up like those boys did just a outside perspective is all, your defense and goaltending may keep you close to a playoff spot however
    I have great trust in KM and our scouting department. Early indications are that Pankewicz and Hawrlyk will be impact players. Add in all those other 16/17 year old forwards, one or two are bound to be good solid players. Plus KM always seems to pluck a listed player from no where like Calvert and Ferland.

Long time since posting got a few bits of news

- Mraz not coming back and the Wheaties took a big RW from the Czech republic named Nejezschlub. Sounds like this guy was going to get drafted and didn't. 41st ranked Euro by Central scouting. Had a real good start to the season then things kind of fell off. Big kid,skates well and has a good shot. Coming over because he wants a chance at the NHL and feels if he can do well here teams will take a look at him.

I think this is a pretty good trade up from Mraz. Mraz hard worker that he was had zero scoring touch. We add size up front which always good and sounds like this kids game is suited to the WHL.

-Bertaggia not being drafted was a bit of a surprise. From what I heard his inconsistency and poor play at the World juniors really hurt him. Too bad because I thought he had a solid playoffs.

-Seaman going so low in the draft. I had heard that teams were going to shy away from guys with concussions and they did. I think the Blues will be pretty happy a few years from now taking Seaman.

-I think you can pencil in Panckewicz and Hawryluk into the lineup right now. By the sounds of it the team came away really happy with them from the prospect camp. One Brandon scout told me he thinks these 2 guys will be stars in the league

-They figure they could have as many as 5 guys drafted in the NHL draft next year with Pulock,Roy,Nikkel,Waltz, and McGauley

-One of the reasons Clouston was let go was his poor roster management and his outright refusal to keep around some of the 16 year olds like Palmer,Cooper and Hehn. Apparently KM wanted to keep all 3 on the roster and Clouston refused. There were many times this season that guys played hurt because they would have down to 2 lines. KM overruled Clouston on Waltz and was right in that decision.

-They will be looking for at least one solid overage forward before the season starts. I expect it will be one of there frequent trading partners out west like Seattle or Victoria