Thread: Pick the Team Boys

Hybrid View

Default Pick the Team Boys

Okay Raider GM's, pick the 2012-2013 team as it stands today. Will it be a team of under achievers or will Bruno create a team that will compete for a playoff spot?

Quote Originally Posted by Bystander View Post
    Okay Raider GM's, pick the 2012-2013 team as it stands today. Will it be a team of under achievers or will Bruno create a team that will compete for a playoff spot?
    I'm already on record, in previous threads, as expecting an 85 point season from the 12/13 squad, so put me in the "playoff spot" (with a good chance of home ice in the first round) side of the predictions.

I'll check-back with rosters for forwards, d-men, and goalies later, when I have more free-time.

-Wapitikev

I may take a stab at this when I have more time. Tried and realized just how many quality returning players we have (many of which will be better in their second year and have breakout seasons) and when you add 2-5 quality rookies and free agents, we are sitting pretty good if the season started today. We will also add a few by trades I'm sure. I will see how close I am in October.

Default 2012/2013

A number of big questions before predicting next year's line-up:

1. Will McNeill & Ruopp be back for another year? I am assuming they both will, but may be wrong on this call.
    2. Will Bruno make a trade for an impact defenseman? Someone who would shore up our blue line and help reduce the number of Goals Against and not hurt the team in penalties. There are not alot of these type of players around that any team will want to part with. We do have 9 18-year-olds from last year, so maybe could package some of these in a trade for a quality 19-year-old D-man or possibly a 20.
    3. Lots of Centre-men and LH shots, very few right-wingers. They may try to move Lange up from D to RW. A good passer will get lots of apples if he can get the puck to Winther or McNeill in scoring position.
    4. Open spot for a European if Hlinka has been released. Maybe could try to draft a RW set-up man who can get the puck to McNeill & Winther.

As it stands right now, here is a possible line-up:

Forwards:
    Winther McNeill RH Set-Up Man (Euro?)
    McVeigh Bardaro Danyluk
    Braid Knutsen ( ____________ )
    Mahura Vanstone Gardiner

Bubble: Santucci, Knowler,Perreaux
    Re-Assigned: Bourhis

Defense:
    Morrissey Ruopp
    Yawarski Lange
    Wasylenko Hodder Guenther

Re-Assigned or Potential Trades:
    Hart, Corbin
    Released: Berry-Lamontagne, Basevics

Goal:
    Siemens, Holowenko
    Re-Assigned or Potential trade: Lee-Knight

Lots can happen between now and training camp. Looking forward to seeing the newbies in 2 weeks for the mini camp.
    Last edited by puckdad; 05-22-2012 at 10:36 AM.

Pretty much agree with Puckdad; just a few comments:
    I think McNeil will be back (Chicago will either use Kane at centre or trade for #2 Centre, Bolland and Kruger are also entrenched at 3 and 4)
    Campese needs to hit a home run with #2 Import pick whether its a top d man or a top fwd (or trade returns)
    One or both of Vanstone or Gardiner need to become a regular on 3rd line (or higher) by trade deadline so that PA does not have to waste assets on addressing those positions
    I am hoping Holowenko can secure #1 starter position which would allow PA to release Siemens and use 20 yr old spot for either top d man or fwd at trade deadline (provided that PA is in playoff spot)
    If we are not in playoff spot at trade deadline.......FIRESALE and hire Soetaert!

This will be an interesting thread. Good opinions. I'm looking at the posts and see most of the players I also believe will make up the squad.
    If all players are at camp, then Vanstone and Gardiner sound like shoe ins, but let's not put too high of expectations on them right off. Then we still need to add 1 or more forwards to round out 14 forwards. If other prospects or free agents come in and perform, then we start removing returning players. Which of these are released will depend on what they bring to the table....speed, play making, toughness, defensive play, size, scoring. Yes we have many 18 year olds because they were here competing as 17 year olds. We cannot forget the fact that those 18 year olds are coming in having learnt what life in the Dub entails. They should have learnt from last season. That's why I believe we will see several players raise eyebrows this year. If we are fortunate and we get McNeill and Bardaro back, it will come down to chemistry throughout the lineup to determine lines. There should be 4 solid lines every night that will contribute. Can't wait for main camp because I predict a buzz around the Art Hauser.