Thread: Wheaties Next Coach???

Default Wheaties Next Coach???

So who might be the front runners to succeed Cory Clouston behind the Wheat Kings bench?

Plenty of names will be bantered about. But who, as fans, would we think might end up as the new bench boss of the Gold and Black Attack?

One name nobody may have even thought of is Jomar Cruz. The former Coach of the Waywaysecapo Wolverines resigned his spot with the MJHL club to pursue other opportunities. Could those opportunities include a return to the team he used to play for? He is actually an ideal candidate, as he is an up and coming coach who is personable with his players. he is also ideal in the sense that he would not command the price tag that Clouston did, and would most likely be willing to make a fairly long term commitment to the team to gain his experience and help develope this new generation of Wheat Kings.

Personally I have a strong hope that he is the choice.

Any other suggestions???
    @Wheatiemaniac on twitter.

Default next coach

Unless Clouston's contract is off the WK books there is no sense in speculating who the next coach may be. If Clouston signs elsewhere, Kelly Mc would be foolish not to look into signing Kris Knoblauch who used to coach the Kootenay ice. Jomar Cruz would not be a good choice in my opinion---very limited experience. The WK will need a coach who handles young players very well as we will be very young at least up front.

Cruz was the coach of the OCN Blizzard, not Wayway, and he didn't leave to pursue other opportunities, he left because PBDC (group that runs the Blizzard) was jerking him around and he wanted some stability for his growing family. He also is not really qualified to step up to a head coaching role in the Dub (he wasn't even a head coach in the MJ for a full season).

Default Doubtful Clouston gets a job

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    Unless Clouston's contract is off the WK books there is no sense in speculating who the next coach may be.
    I think its doubtful Clouston will get another job unless he goes back to the Ice. I can't really see anyone taking a chance on a twice fired coach because of issues dealing with players. These days players are more catered too. Plus something tells me he (and probably his wife) would be fine with sitting out a year on KM dime and let the dust settle. Last article I read from he mentioned that he has a safety net of the money form KM so he doesn't have to jump at the first job offered (if there is one).

Clouston has to be one of the most over rated coaches ever.
    GO WARRIORS GO

Quote Originally Posted by mjw22 View Post
    Clouston has to be one of the most over rated coaches ever.
    Yep him and Curtis Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Vik View Post
    Cruz was the coach of the OCN Blizzard, not Wayway, and he didn't leave to pursue other opportunities, he left because PBDC (group that runs the Blizzard) was jerking him around and he wanted some stability for his growing family. He also is not really qualified to step up to a head coaching role in the Dub (he wasn't even a head coach in the MJ for a full season).
    Yes, you're right it was the Blizzard. My bad.

I still feel he is an up and coming coach. Sometimes it's not so much experience as it is approach. But I guess time will tell.

As for being jerked around, when translated into a press release, it usually comes out as "pursuing other interests".

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    Unless Clouston's contract is off the WK books there is no sense in speculating who the next coach may be. If Clouston signs elsewhere, Kelly Mc would be foolish not to look into signing Kris Knoblauch who used to coach the Kootenay ice. Jomar Cruz would not be a good choice in my opinion---very limited experience. The WK will need a coach who handles young players very well as we will be very young at least up front.
    By the sounds of it, Knoblauch was trying to sneak out the back door to take another gig. Thats not a good impression to bestow on potential employers.

But as usual, there are two sides to every story.

Default Wiseman

Quote Originally Posted by The Wheatiemaniac View Post
    By the sounds of it, Knoblauch was trying to sneak out the back door to take another gig. Thats not a good impression to bestow on potential employers.

But as usual, there are two sides to every story.
    You're correct I'm sure there was more to Knoblauch leaving then just the UofA gig. Just like there was so much more to Clouston being let go than just he was pursuing pro jobs. Seriously, how dumb are we suppose to be to believe that was the only reason? Especially since KM won't hire another coach until he sees if Clouston gets one, wasn't the reason for letting him go now was so they weren't waiting till the last minute to find a replacement coach. Oh wait they still are. I wish they'd just tell us the truth, it didn't work out: Clouston's coaching ways didn't gel with the players or how KM wanted his team run. Doesn't mean Clouston a bad coach (though maybe LOL) just wasn't the right fit here. Move on why make up lame excuses.