Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Seaman Selected By Blues in Round 7

Default Seaman Selected By Blues in Round 7

It took til the 206th pick of the 2012 NHL Draft, but a Wheat king finally heard his name called. Tyrel Seaman can safely say that he is "the" newest member of the St. Louis Blues organization. The Blues used their final pick Saturday to select Seaman, and make it 8 years in a row that a Wheat King has been drafted into the Bigs.

Congrats to Tyrel on his selection. And remember, a recent 7th round pick made his debut in this years NHL Playoffs and got an assist on a game winner. So even if you get picked late, anything is possible with hard work and determination.

Who was the pick???

Oh, some guy named Mark Stone. Pretty solid set of footsteps to follow in.
    @Wheatiemaniac on twitter.

#21 deserved this. In fact, without the concussion he would have been picked closer to Winther than the 7th round. Congrats to him, and all the dub players picked. The hard work is now just beginning!!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I thought Boes should have been picked somewhere.

Default I agree

Quote Originally Posted by chalk_one_up View Post
    I thought Boes should have been picked somewhere.
    I, too, was hoping Boesy would get his name called. However ther are always free agent tryouts if and when tryouts start in the NHL. I could see Boes and Bertaggia to possibly get invites somewhere. The Jets are right down the road. You never know.
    @Wheatiemaniac on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wheatiemaniac View Post
    I, too, was hoping Boesy would get his name called. However ther are always free agent tryouts if and when tryouts start in the NHL. I could see Boes and Bertaggia to possibly get invites somewhere. The Jets are right down the road. You never know.
    I don't get how scrubs in Junior A got selected before Bertaggia. I know he's small, but that's not an excuse anymore. Small players can play too now in the NHL.

I'm not that surprised about Bertaggia. It's not simply that he's small but he didn't really light up the WHL. If he had more size you'd take him with that offense but at his size, it'll be tough for him to crack the bigs. But I'd bet on him getting an invite somewhere.

A little surprised it took so long for Seaman to go even with the injury. I can't really see him as a top 6 forward in the NHL but he's got size, can skate, and seems willing to contribute however he can. If he works on winning draws, he can easily find a niche to stick around in a bottom 6 some day.

Also figured Boes had a decent chance of getting picked. Especially with it being a weaker draft by all reports. But, like Bertaggia, someone's gotta give him a try out.

Next year's going to be big for the Wheaties in the draft.

Bruno Mraz just signed a pro contract for a Slovakia team also heard Bertaggia may not be back so that makes Wednesday's euro draft interesting now

Who the heck is gonna score goals for this team next season ? maybe trade a guy like Roy for some offense ?

Default Mraz-bertaggia

Where do you hear this Sh--? From the recesses of your mind???

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    maybe trade a guy like Roy for some offense ?
    Roy had 53 points from the blueline last year... Would be stupid to trade him for anything less than a WHL forward that had 80-90 points or so last season. Make up a list of 80-90 point forwards that are returning this year, that you think a team would be willing to part with, and get back to us.

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    Where do you hear this Sh--? From the recesses of your mind???
    Well Mraz for sure is going to play in Slovakia Bertaggia my guess is he will probably come back but you never know i bet you guy's draft just the 1 euro come wednesday

you have to be so harsh on another poster if you don't believe him ? holy heck pal