Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Seaman Selected By Blues in Round 7

Quote Originally Posted by The Wheatiemaniac View Post
    And remember, a recent 7th round pick made his debut in this years NHL Playoffs and got an assist on a game winner. So even if you get picked late, anything is possible with hard work and determination.

Who was the pick???

Oh, some guy named Mark Stone. Pretty solid set of footsteps to follow in.
    Forgot to mention the other day but Stone was a 6th rounder, not 7th.

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    Where do you hear this Sh--? From the recesses of your mind???
    That or maybe, just maybe, the WHL site.

Quote Originally Posted by Vik View Post
    Forgot to mention the other day but Stone was a 6th rounder, not 7th.

That or maybe, just maybe, the WHL site.
    Thanks Vik not sure how Booboo called me out on that news it is all over about mraz, and Bertaggia there was rumors but he will be back

Default Mraz

Lordstanley you were right on about Mraz--my apologies---Bertaggia should be back. The import draft is a bit a crap-shoot in my opinion--but it is what it is??

Lordstanley you were right on about Mraz--my apologies---Bertaggia should be back. The import draft is a bit a crap-shoot in my opinion--but it is what it is??
    It's all good man do you guy's have our euro pick from the Schenn trade ? i guess we don't need it this season with having Stransky and Makarov

I'm sure you guy's will draft a forward

Default Euros

You guys have excellent Euros---Brandon traditionally has not had real good Euros--at least not 2 of them. I would sooner they let a younger Canadian kid play than a Euro like Mraz, or Wikner, or Meiritz who were basically checkers. That is the uncertainty of this draft. Some teams seem to have better luck or have the ear of certain player agents which steer their clients to certain teams.

You guys have excellent Euros---Brandon traditionally has not had real good Euros--at least not 2 of them. I would sooner they let a younger Canadian kid play than a Euro like Mraz, or Wikner, or Meiritz who were basically checkers. That is the uncertainty of this draft. Some teams seem to have better luck or have the ear of certain player agents which steer their clients to certain teams.
    We have had lots of solid Europeans in the last few years....Rajala, Simek, Bertaggia, Urbom, Bartovic, Bartek, Jakes...just to name a few. We have never had a Eurpoean (that I can remember) who has even came close to being an impact player on a Pavel Brendl level. But look where that went.

All-Time Favorite.

Default Euros

Quote Originally Posted by dagley View Post
    We have had lots of solid Europeans in the last few years....Rajala, Simek, Bertaggia, Urbom, Bartovic, Bartek, Jakes...just to name a few. We have never had a Eurpoean (that I can remember) who has even came close to being an impact player on a Pavel Brendl level. But look where that went.
    The only time the WK have had 2 good Euros at the same time was the Mem Cup year when we had Rajala and Urbom. It looks to me like KM is stock piling 5 th round bantam picks so he could use them to obtain some overagers this year. Miller will not likely be back and Favreau is not worth an overage spot on the roster.

The only time the WK have had 2 good Euros at the same time was the Mem Cup year when we had Rajala and Urbom. It looks to me like KM is stock piling 5 th round bantam picks so he could use them to obtain some overagers this year. Miller will not likely be back and Favreau is not worth an overage spot on the roster.
    Correct all the way around. Miller might bring in a 6th or 7th round bantam pick in a trade. 5th at best. His discipline problems(bad penalties) and taking himself out of plays by missing on a big hit attempt make him more of a liability. Veterans need to lead by example. I don't feel he would set a consistently good example for guys coming up. We have Pulock, Roy, Hunter, Nikkel, Waltz, Kuczek and will likely add a rookie or 2 from there. No room for Miller anyway.

Favreau has wasted 2 years of a roster spot with nothing to show for it. Let him go be average in the SJHL. With Hawryluk, Starodub, Pankewicz, Hehn, Cooper, Palmer, Quennville.........the list goes on. Besides, with the lockout looming we may see a trickle down effect on overages sent back when AHL rosters fill up from the NHL. If Ferland, Stone, or Sundher come back, we are not gonna trade them to make room for Favreau.

The Czech forward Richard Alphabet that we drafted yesterday will be a great addition. Slap Seaman or Asham in between him and Bertaggia and we will have a very solid first line.....unless Ferland and Stone return. In that case we will have a great second line, though I expect Stone to play in the AHL this fall regardless.

Our backup goalie spot will be very interesting to watch unfold as many expect Jordan Papirny to be ready to jump to Junior this fall. Much like the Baby Blues rookie year, we will do much better than people expect.
    @Wheatiemaniac on twitter.

Default overagers

Assuming there is no NHL lockout and Miller and Favreau are probably not coming back, as well as Walker traded the WK could have room for 3 overagers. If this is the case it will leave KM with a lot of options. Also if Papirny is ready for the WHL, I could see Honey traded for overagers or draft picks. I agree that the WK may struggle to begin with but will be better than people think. Now the coaching situation bothers me a bit--I hope Clouston finds work so the WK can get on with finding a coach--Chewy is not the answer--please leave him as an assistant where he belongs!

So Boes got the last minute call to go to the Jets development camp which will feature 7 goaltenders. Not positive but don't they usually only have 6 spots for the development camps?