Page 1 of 114 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Saskatoon Blades 2012/2013 Season

Default Saskatoon Blades 2012/2013 Season

Well, in a few months our memorial cup season will be underway, this is a place to leave comments on players, coaching or the season itself.
    Well, of course most of you know the new schedule is out, so just putting out a few key notes about it.

Our opening season doubleheader will be once again against the Prince Albert Raiders
    Oct 10-Portland(first u.s. team)
    Our B.C. road trip is Nov 16-Nov 24 where we will play a span of 5 games
    Our longest homestand is January 1-January 19 where we will play a span of 7 games (Well at least it isn't like the one year where we played what was it 12 straight games at home)
    On a side note January 1st game is Sunday at 5:05pm instead of 7:05pm and January 18 is Monday at 6:05pm instead of 7:05pm

Looks like apart from those, our months of playing home and away are pretty much even.

Now my roster for year (just my opinion)

Forwards
    Well since we lost Burns, Paradis and Trask due to graduation, they produced 165 points between the three of them big loss, but looks like the addition of Walker and Mccolagan may help balance this loss. As for the 20 year olds, We currently have four Nicholls, Walker, Cox and Collins. (Nicholls and Walker will most likely stay, I think Cox has a better chance then Collins but we will see)

Nicholls, Stransky, Walker, Mccolgan, Benson, Stovin, Astles. The rookies I think will have a good chance of staying (Hickmott, Graham, Stockl, Mcevoy) and whoever we pick it up or drop along the way.

Defense
    Looks like our defense will roughly remain the same, maybe with additions or subtractions
    Siemens, Thrower, Pufahl, Dietz, Cox(if he stays), Stipancik (kinda iffy on keeping him due to concussion problems), Schimdt. The only two rookies I think could make the team are Nogier and Lernout.

Goaltending
    Well we already know who the number 1 is, the backup is up for grabs.
    Marakov(obviously)
    The other three or more Todd, Moodie and Johnson as listed. I think Moodie has the advantage due to his good play while Marakov was injured or gone, Todd I just don't see making due to his subpar play and we haven't seen much of his play due to a backup role while Todd was injured. However this could change by bringing a goalie to help Marakov.

But that's me, feel free to leave your roster picks.

Here's my picks for the memorial cup. I just taking a guess

Qmjhl- Shawinigan
    OHL- Kitchener Rangers
    Whl- Edmonton
    Whl- Saskatoon (if they win it all), Runner up Tri City Americans

What do you guys think?

You forgot a few things like Sutter for the Forward group and i also think Matt Revel will stick around as a rookie forward other than that it looks good

My Memorial cup predictions

London
    Halifax
    Edmonton/or Kamloops if we knock out the OilKings
    Saskatoon

Molleken still has a lot of work to do to make the team a contender. Revel if he comes could make a decent impact. I don't see to many 16's on the team next year other then him and maybe Graham though they might have to spare Graham to boost their scoring. The Blades in my opinon need another couple scoring forwards and a top 6 D-man.

Quite frankly I think this should be do or die for Brodsky and Molleken. If they don't win it now then they never will. Fans have put up with this for to long.

Default Season tickets up!!!!!!!!

Well looking in the starphoenix this morning, I'm sure everyone has at some point, it's nice to see season tickets are up in leu of the memorial cup, over 700 new season ticket holders as it looks like now, over 80% of the 3200 last year have renewed their seats, myself included, did anyone else? Now hopefully after the memorial cup, it stays that way, but not likely unless we win either or both the whl and memorial cup......., what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by JMoney1988 View Post
    Well looking in the starphoenix this morning, I'm sure everyone has at some point, it's nice to see season tickets are up in leu of the memorial cup, over 700 new season ticket holders as it looks like now, over 80% of the 3200 last year have renewed their seats, myself included, did anyone else? Now hopefully after the memorial cup, it stays that way, but not likely unless we win either or both the whl and memorial cup......., what do you guys think?
    So as it stands right now that's 4000 pretty much for season ticket holders if we could get at least 2000 walk ups for every game that would be a nice crowd of 6000 enough noise to get the boys going

Hard to believe that even 6000 doesn't even get the rink half full anymore it's to damn big for the size of our city NHl would be a different story though

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    So as it stands right now that's 4000 pretty much for season ticket holders if we could get at least 2000 walk ups for every game that would be a nice crowd of 6000 enough noise to get the boys going

Hard to believe that even 6000 doesn't even get the rink half full anymore it's to damn big for the size of our city NHl would be a different story though
    Play offs should be big numbers you would hope
    Big pressure this year LS
    A: to assemble a team in one season from one that was out early last year and win a memorial cup
    B: to win the league and not go in the back door
    Lornes last stand lol
    GO WARRIORS GO

Quote Originally Posted by mjw22 View Post
    A: to assemble a team in one season from one that was out early last year and win a memorial cup
    Lornes last stand lol
    Yep i agree with all of this if we go in through the backdoor and get blasted in the Memorial Cup Tourney die hard Blade fans will be calling for Lorne and Broadsky;s head all i know it i am jacked for this season gonna be exciting

Quote Originally Posted by mjw22 View Post
    Lornes last stand lol
    Totally agree,

If the Blades do what they usually do and choke then it better be the end of Molleken and Brodsky.

However if they manage to actually overcome the curse and do well and make it to the WHL finals and win everything then Molleken will have bought himself a reprieve from the firing squad.
    Last edited by Trav; 07-10-2012 at 01:21 AM.