Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1140

Thread: Saskatoon Blades 2012/2013 Season

Quote Originally Posted by nivek_wahs View Post
    Do you want to know what's funny about this post? We don't delete posts like on the White Board by leaving posts as "." When a mod deletes a post here it is visible for mods to review. Western Elite was editing his own posts. Fun stuff.
    Not surprizing.

I think if the Blades can beat the Hitmen tonight that they will pass them in the standings this season. If not, I think 5 points back with just 8 games remaining would likely be too much to make up down the stretch.

Calgary Hitmen Remaining Games

Saskatoon at Calgary
    Swift Current at Calgary
    Calgary at Medicine Hat
    Calgary at Saskatoon
    Calgary at Prince Albert
    Lethbridge at Calgary
    Red Deer at Calgary
    Medicine Hat at Calgary
    Calgary at Kootenay
    Kootenay at Calgary

So the Hitmen have 6 games remaining at with just one of those games against a non-playoff team. They have four road games with all against playoff teams. That Calgary at Saskatoon game will also be very important in determining the placing and the battle for 2nd overall. The Blades will need to win them both to control their own destiny.

Saskatoon Blades Remaining Games

Saskatoon at Calgary
    Brandon at Saskatoon
    Saskatoon at Moose Jaw
    Calgary at Saskatoon
    Medicine Hat at Saskatoon
    Regina at Saskatoon
    Saskatoon at Edmonton
    Saskatoon at Prince Albert
    Saskatoon at Prince Albert

Definitely the "cake" portion of the schedule for the Blades is done now. Of the remaining 9 games, 5 are on the road and with the exception of Moose, all are top 4 Eastern Conference teams. Saskatoon will likely need to win all four of their remaining home games which includes tough ones against Medicine Hat and Calgary. The Blades have 3 games of their final 9 against non-playoff teams. It is definitely a good thing that the competition will be much tougher in the final stretch though in preparation for the playoffs.

Go Blades Go!!!

Icon32 MJW22 & Saskatoon Fans

I have noticed that when I come on the Saskatoon pages and have hockey related questions no one reponds.

However when someone like MJW22 makes a statement that is simply to antagonize Saskatoon fans... the Saskatoon fans play his game and many of them respond...Why? It seems MJW22 is playing a game with the people on this site and many are getting lured in... who is smarter?

GO BRONCOS!!! That is not meant in any way to antagonize. There just aren't any posters on the Swift Current site anymore. If the playoffs come down to a first round against Edmonton or Saskatoon... I hope we face Saskatoon because we might make a better series of that matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarter Century Fan View Post
    GO BRONCOS!!! That is not meant in any way to antagonize. There just aren't any posters on the Swift Current site anymore. If the playoffs come down to a first round against Edmonton or Saskatoon... I hope we face Saskatoon because we might make a better series of that matchup.
    I actually wouldn't want the blades to meet swift current in the first round. I think they could be a dangerous team in te playoffs. They remind me a little of Kootney when they had there run a couple years ago. Good goaltending, big tuff D, a really strong first line and a lineup full of grinders. As Long as Lowry still has some gas in the tank. If the Blades can stay ahead of PA and finish 2nd, My ultimate scenario would be swift finishing 6th and Medicine Hat finishing 7th. Because of the top 3 teams in the conference I think swift could definitely upset Calgary. Then in rnd 2 they can give Edmonton a tougher opponent. Meaning saskatoon would see the winner between pa and red deer.

For some reason Swift always seems to give the Blades trouble so I definitely would have to agree with that.

Surprising Harland isn't in the lineup tonight. You'd think a team with nothing to lose would play their extra forwards in the final game of the season.

They could have let Dietz have the night off last night for his recent contract signing. Good on him he works hard.

I remember seeing Dietz for the first time a few years ago when he joined the team. He looked pretty good back then and he's even better now. Canadians got a good young d-man. Curious to see what they do with Thrower.