Page 2 of 114 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Saskatoon Blades 2012/2013 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    Totally agree,

If the Blades do what they usually do and choke then it better be the end of Molleken and Brodsky.

However if they manage to actually overcome the curse and do well and make it to the WHL finals and win everything then Molleken will have bought himself a reprieve from the firing squad.
    Quick question. How does one fire the owner of the hockey club?

Quote Originally Posted by curwie View Post
    Quick question. How does one fire the owner of the hockey club?
    Simple the fans run him out of town with pitch forks the odl school way

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    Simple the fans run him out of town with pitch forks the odl school way
    Hahaha I was mostly kidding but, I don't see Brodsky selling the team anytime soon no matter what the results are from this season. Contrary to popular belief, I hear the team turns a pretty decent profit.

So how far does everyone think we are off from a Memorial Cup contender i say 2 more elite forwards and 1 d-man as it stands now our opening night roster would look a little something like this

Nicholls Sutter Stransky
    McColgan Walker Stovin
    Astles Benson Zajac
    Graham McEvoy Revel
    Stockl Hickmott ??

Siemens Thrower
    Deitz Cox
    Schmidt Pufahl
    Lernout Stipancik ??

Makarov
    Moodie

of the 4 WHL teams to win as host only one went in the front door as league champs 04 Blazers .Por Kel Van back door winners but still winners . there has to be a way to get the top 4 teams in . only league (CHL) where a loser can win the big prize
    Last edited by mjw22; 07-10-2012 at 09:25 PM.
    GO WARRIORS GO

A questions for Blades fans should be; would you rather win the WHL Championship or win the Memorial Cup through the back door after losing early in the WHL playoffs?

I think many fans are of the opinion that the WHL Championship is the main prize coming up! The Blades, as the roster stands now, are a top 5 squad. If they wish to become a favourite, they will need just a bit more. Not as much as some fans on this site seem to think though!

I think as a fan and or as an owner even the Mem Cup win would be more gratifying as people always remember the memorial cup champions not the league champions.

But I think as a player they would rather win the WHL championship. To be the top team in the league takes alot more than a tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by twentyone View Post
    I think as a fan and or as an owner even the Mem Cup win would be more gratifying as people always remember the memorial cup champions not the league champions.

But I think as a player they would rather win the WHL championship. To be the top team in the league takes alot more than a tournament.

Me personally without question would be a WHL championship. With that being said, lots of good hockey clubs have gone through the back door before.

For some reason i called us getting McColgan awhile back but didn't guess astels and Olsen in the deal lol

Now i will make another guess I say we pick up Sylvester from the Hitmen who is a 20 and we trade back Cox with something else

Breaking news Matt Revel chooses to play for the Chiliwack Cheifs this season and not the Blades

Via Les Lazaruks twitter

This should open the door more for Graham Stockl and a few others