Page 3 of 114 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Saskatoon Blades 2012/2013 Season

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    Breaking news Matt Revel chooses to play for the Chiliwack Cheifs this season and not the Blades

Via Les Lazaruks twitter

This should open the door more for Graham Stockl and a few others
    Revel any good?
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    Revel any good?
    Highly touted.

That sucks, didn't Vancouver Giants had first sighted him???

Tough break for the Blades, I think he would've done well here in his rookie season. Oh well, hope he does well in the BCHL this year.

I just hope the Blades don't trade him now to a BC team and get NOTHING like they did when they traded Sissons. Molleken got owned in that deal. I don't oppose trading him this year but only if they get a solid 18 or 19 yr old that can help with the Memorial Cup run.

Barring any trades I could see this being the opening nite roster.

Goaltenders

Makarov
    Moodie

Forwards

Stransky
    Nicholls
    McColgan
    Walker
    Sutter
    Stovin
    Zajac
    Benson
    Astles
    McEvoy
    Stockl
    Graham
    S. Higgins - Listed player who had solid numbers in Midget last year
    J. Sinatynski - Had a lot of penalty minutes and a few points here and there. Maybe play a checking role here.
    D. Bodie - Had a pretty season last year as well.

Other Possibles - Really can't see to many 16's on the team up front except for Graham. Hickmott looked good in the pre-season but going by his stats in BC midget didn't seem to do very well for whatever reason. Polei who I thought looked good at camp last year could have a shot but probably could use another year of midget rather then be a 4th line guy or in the stands.

Defense

Thrower
    Dietz
    Siemens
    Pufahl
    Cox - 20 yr old that could be upgraded.
    Lernout - Big kid that hopefully has improved his skating, could be a solid d-man in a couple years
    Pichorskiy
    Nogier - I like this kid, didn't look out of place last year in the call up game I was at. Like to see him stick.
    Hnidy

I think the competition at defense will be pretty good. Probably won't see all 4 rookies stick but I think all can play in the league next year. However many stay mite depend on if they keep Cox and if they acquire a solid goal scoring d-man which they could use.
    Last edited by Trav; 08-07-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    Tough break for the Blades, I think he would've done well here in his rookie season. Oh well, hope he does well in the BCHL this year.

I just hope the Blades don't trade him now to a BC team and get NOTHING like they did when they traded Sissons. Molleken got owned in that deal. I don't oppose trading him this year but only if they get a solid 18 or 19 yr old that can help with the Memorial Cup run.
    ask around Trav. sissons and family held the blades hostage. he wasn't going to report to the team, it was good of molleken to get something/anything in return for a guy who had no intention of showing up.

that's the problem with so many bc and us kids. they pay no respect to the team that shows faith in them, their talent, their character, and their family by drafting them. it's either, i play in bc, or the us, or i take my toys and go home.

if a saskie kid does the same like cowan did a few years back with spokane, the team and league cries foul. you have to go where you're drafted, etc. etc. etc. lots of pressure put on the player and family, lobbying done, etc. etc. etc.

there's a huge double standard the league needs to address, especially when you consider where the population, and majority of top talented kids in the whl area are coming from. if the league wants all teams to have a shot, they need to do a better job with the west coast families and players.

i'm not saying this is what happened with revel. i'm hoping he and his family were open from the beginning. and it's not a 'i won't play in saskatchewan' thing. trust me it happens a lot, and it's not good for the league.

don't get harsh on molleken for the sissons deal. he did pretty well considering he was painted in a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by wango tango View Post
    ask around Trav. sissons and family held the blades hostage. he wasn't going to report to the team, it was good of molleken to get something/anything in return for a guy who had no intention of showing up.

that's the problem with so many bc and us kids. they pay no respect to the team that shows faith in them, their talent, their character, and their family by drafting them. it's either, i play in bc, or the us, or i take my toys and go home.

if a saskie kid does the same like cowan did a few years back with spokane, the team and league cries foul. you have to go where you're drafted, etc. etc. etc. lots of pressure put on the player and family, lobbying done, etc. etc. etc.

there's a huge double standard the league needs to address, especially when you consider where the population, and majority of top talented kids in the whl area are coming from. if the league wants all teams to have a shot, they need to do a better job with the west coast families and players.

i'm not saying this is what happened with revel. i'm hoping he and his family were open from the beginning. and it's not a 'i won't play in saskatchewan' thing. trust me it happens a lot, and it's not good for the league.

don't get harsh on molleken for the sissons deal. he did pretty well considering he was painted in a corner.

It looks like Revel hasn't closed the door on the Blades yet so thats a good sign. From what I understand he had a pretty good visit here so hopefully he'll decide next year that the WHL route is the way to go. Hopefully the Blades will hold on to his rites.

As for Sissons, I think the team could've done better in that deal but what's done is done lol.

Your right though, the league has to do something so that players aren't always picking where they'll play and won't play. I think the first thing they should do is up the draft age to 16 like the OHL and then have the players opt in to the draft.

Default Sinatynski

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post

Barring any trades I could see this being the opening nite roster.

Goaltenders

Makarov
    Moodie

Forwards

Stransky
    Nicholls
    McColgan
    Walker
    Sutter
    Stovin
    Zajac
    Benson
    Astles
    McEvoy
    Stockl
    Graham
    S. Higgins - Listed player who had solid numbers in Midget last year
    J. Sinatynski - Had a lot of penalty minutes and a few points here and there. Maybe play a checking role here.
    D. Bodie - Had a pretty season last year as well.

Other Possibles - Really can't see to many 16's on the team up front except for Graham. Hickmott looked good in the pre-season but going by his stats in BC midget didn't seem to do very well for whatever reason. Polei who I thought looked good at camp last year could have a shot but probably could use another year of midget rather then be a 4th line guy or in the stands.

Defense

Thrower
    Dietz
    Siemens
    Pufahl
    Cox - 20 yr old that could be upgraded.
    Lernout - Big kid that hopefully has improved his skating, could be a solid d-man in a couple years
    Pichorskiy
    Nogier - I like this kid, didn't look out of place last year in the call up game I was at. Like to see him stick.
    Hnidy

I think the competition at defense will be pretty good. Probably won't see all 4 rookies stick but I think all can play in the league next year. However many stay mite depend on if they keep Cox and if they acquire a solid goal scoring d-man which they could use.
    If that is Jesse Sinatynski that was a Wheat King, he was shipped out of town, from what I was told by several people involved with the team, due to a whiny selfish attitude. He's got skills, but not someone you wanna take up a spot with in a Mem Cup year. Walker will give you everything and more you could ever ask for.
    @Wheatiemaniac on twitter.

Default O geez

Quote Originally Posted by The Wheatiemaniac View Post
    If that is Jesse Sinatynski that was a Wheat King, he was shipped out of town, from what I was told by several people involved with the team, due to a whiny selfish attitude. He's got skills, but not someone you wanna take up a spot with in a Mem Cup year. Walker will give you everything and more you could ever ask for.
    Ya Geoffrey the blades are bringing in a 20 yr old who played jr A the past two years for their cup run. You make a fool of yourself every time you post

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Table View Post
    Ya Geoffrey the blades are bringing in a 20 yr old who played jr A the past two years for their cup run. You make a fool of yourself every time you post
    Yeah this kid is either 15 or 16 not the same guy at all

This possible NHL lockout could potentially hurt a team like the Blades who are hosting the Memorial cup. Lorne has built this team with no threats to lose any players to the Pro’s. However if the NHL does lock its players out could potentially mean there are a lot more teams across the league that will return some good players and make more teams legitimate contenders. This could make it difficult to try and load up for a cup run when there are more competitive teams. Another possible downfall is if lets say a guy like Ryan Murray is back playing for Everett and Lorne makes a deal for him early in the year. If by christmas the NHL resumes, will Columbus bring him up? or leave him play out the year in junior? Could make for some tough decisions

In more ways than one I am sure hoping the NHL figures it out.