Thread: "Chewy Named Head Coach"

Default "Chewy Named Head Coach"

He's earned it. I couldn't see him on the bench next at all if KM went outside the Orinization for a new coach.

Default Next coach

I'm not sure if it is the fact that Chewy deserved this promotion or the fact that Kelly has to pay out Clouston this year. I hope I get to eat my words but I doubt he is ready for prime time head coaching. I guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    I'm not sure if it is the fact that Chewy deserved this promotion or the fact that Kelly has to pay out Clouston this year. I hope I get to eat my words but I doubt he is ready for prime time head coaching. I guess we'll see.
    I don't know if the driving factor is $$$ alone. KM could have coached himself and word around town is he realy wanted to. Chewy's been around forever and IMHO should move on if he didn't get the job. Your correct we will see. The team will be very young therefore i don't think the transition from assistant to head coach would get any easier.

Default chewy

Quote Originally Posted by WHLFANMAN View Post
    I don't know if the driving factor is $$$ alone. KM could have coached himself and word around town is he realy wanted to. Chewy's been around forever and IMHO should move on if he didn't get the job. Your correct we will see. The team will be very young therefore i don't think the transition from assistant to head coach would get any easier.
    Good point---maybe a great time for Dwayne to be coach as our team will be very young especially at forward.

Default Chewy

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    Good point---maybe a great time for Dwayne to be coach as our team will be very young especially at forward.
    I was never a huge advocate of him being hired as head coach, but he may surprise us all. one thing he already has Clouston beat to death with is that the players like him. When players like you, they will buy in and play hard for you every night.

Clouston was reported to have sewn up the Victoria job and it went to Dave Lowry. I would almost bet the farm that Fransoo and Conroy spoke out against Clouston....all because of the road he left behind him.

I wish Dwayne all the best. We all want to see him succeed. We all need him to succeed.
    @Wheatiemaniac on twitter.

Iconwhl

With the nightmare job Clouston did in Brandon last season where u guys should of been contending with MJ all season long for 1st in the division, it wouldnt surprise me if Clouston never gets another WHL job again.

With the talent the WKs had on offense the WKs should of been a legit top team in the East. Instead cuz of a torn apart dressing room cuz of the coach the WKs struggled all season & secured a non home ice playoff spot.

Playoff money is so key & vital to junior hockey clubs, especially small market teams. The risk of bringing Clouston on board for the dollars he would demand are just not worth it.