Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Michael Ferland charged with assault

Default Michael Ferland charged with assault

Denies the charges. I really hope so but we know how Ferland can throw 'em. Guy was out cold and has a broken orbital bone. If it was him, you know he was instigated. Really hope this doesn't hold back his career at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    Denies the charges. I really hope so but we know how Ferland can throw 'em. Guy was out cold and has a broken orbital bone. If it was him, you know he was instigated. Really hope this doesn't hold back his career at all.
    As far as I'm aware of this would be his first offense. Can't see that holding back his career. He's a tough guy and a good hockey player but, hopefully in the future he'll make better decisions.

Agravated assault causing injury is very serious stuff common or simple assault causing no injury with a first time offense is a fine so i am sure Ferland will just get a fine cause well he is a Hockey player and we all know how Myles Bell got off lol

From the family it sounds like he had nothing to do with it and the Police just arrested and charged him because of who he was. Sounds like some douche wanted to fight him and one of his family members stepped in and Michael got charged

6. Default

Gotta stay out of the bars. There is just too much potential in Michael to get distracted by the bar scene ... and all that goes with that.

Now is the time to keep the eye on the prize and zero in on it with razor sharp focus. No time for bar scene nonsense right now.

Lord Stanley:
    I am not defending Myles Bell but he was 17 and in the eyes of the legal system he is a young offender. Michael Ferland is 20 and it the eyes of the legal system is an adult. IMO comparing these incidences is comparing apples and oranges. Heres hoping the legal system works and Micheal is not guilty as he indicates, so he can go on to have a long successful pro hockey career. However if he is found guilty, as an adult, he will not be sentenced as lightly as Mr. Bell.

Quote Originally Posted by RWAH View Post
    Lord Stanley:
    I am not defending Myles Bell but he was 17 and in the eyes of the legal system he is a young offender. Michael Ferland is 20 and it the eyes of the legal system is an adult. IMO comparing these incidences is comparing apples and oranges. Heres hoping the legal system works and Micheal is not guilty as he indicates, so he can go on to have a long successful pro hockey career. However if he is found guilty, as an adult, he will not be sentenced as lightly as Mr. Bell.
    My bad i thought at the time Bell was well over 18 well then in that case ferland if found guilty it could be a stiffer penalty for sure

Quote Originally Posted by RWAH View Post
    Lord Stanley:
    Our justice system will have failed then if MF gets a stiffer sentance than MB, because no matter what your age, driving drunk and crashing and killing someone is way worse than a bar fight, ask both victims families.
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    Our justice system will have failed then if MF gets a stiffer sentance than MB, because no matter what your age, driving drunk and crashing and killing someone is way worse than a bar fight, ask both victims families.
    Key words there our justice system is a joke so anything is possible here