Thread: Overage Situation

Default Overage Situation

We are a matter of days away from the Season Opener this Friday, and it makes you wonder which 16 and 17 year olds will be sticking around this season. It also begs the question of what we should do about the overage situation.

Should we deal Favreau?
    Should we deal Miller?
    Should we deal Yaworski or Buonassisi? (doubtful)
    OR
    Do we deal Favreau and Miller and try to get a scoring overage forward?

The latter would be my choice. With a blueline consisting of Pulock, Roy, Yaworski, Hunter, Nikkel, and Waltz, Miller is expendable. Don't forget rookie Riley Van Horne trying to earn a spot on the blueline.

We need another scoring winger for the top 6 forward group and another name that might be available is Brooks Macek from Calgary.

Either or........I just don't see Favreau holding down a spot for any reason.

Any other ideas or names of available guys you'd like to see in Black and Gold.
    @Wheatiemaniac on twitter.

Iconwhl

There isn't a demand for a small pesty forward like Favreau as a 20yr old just ask Olstad how the demand is turning out. Favreau will be released & very unliking will get picked up, he was a huge 1st rd flop from the Bantam draft the Pats were just lucky that someone took that baggage off our hands.

As for Miller, he is a pretty tough kid but for what he offers to the table very little interest around the league I'm guessing. He either stays with the WKs or moves on. Only way someone takes interest in him is if a key vetern on another team gets an unfortunate season ending injury in the next 2 weeks & they want a vetern presence on there defense.

Default Prince George

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    There isn't a demand for a small pesty forward like Favreau as a 20yr old just ask Olstad how the demand is turning out. Favreau will be released & very unliking will get picked up, he was a huge 1st rd flop from the Bantam draft the Pats were just lucky that someone took that baggage off our hands.

As for Miller, he is a pretty tough kid but for what he offers to the table very little interest around the league I'm guessing. He either stays with the WKs or moves on. Only way someone takes interest in him is if a key vetern on another team gets an unfortunate season ending injury in the next 2 weeks & they want a vetern presence on there defense.
    I have read that PG Cougars have the weakest overage group in the league and may be looking to upgrade. Miller might get a tiny bit of interest on the market, but I agree neither him or Favreau will have anyone racing to their door to sign them. When overage waivers take place, we might be able to snag a half decent forward who can maybe put up 50 points or so. We just have a solid defensive core to go forward with and we don't need 2 overage D-men when we have such a young group of forwards.

Default Favreau Released

As of late this morning F Dominick Favreau(20) was released by the Wheat Kings, along with F Hunter Smith(17), F Kyler Hehn(17), F Kailum Gervais(17), and G Jordan Papirny(16).

Miller is better than Schnider (sp?) and he spent a whole season with the Patsies.