Thread: October Blues

1. Default October Blues

Canes come from behind, only to loose in overtime...against the Blazers...they never quit ...great game....great crowd............great team
    GO CANES GO

Default Great Game

That game was very impressive. The one ref was ridiculous particularly in the third period. But the team battled on, never quit and took a point. Absolutely nothing to complain about here as far as the team is concerned. We are already looking forward to the game tonight.

What a game!! This is what the fans have been asking for. The team tonight did not give up when the chips were down, and treated everyone to a very entertaining hockey game. I believe if this type of effort was exhibited on a regular basis, a lot of the complaints that are regularly heard would go away. For all the folks moaning about how small the team is, I say HA!! The canes in the last few games have shown what speed and heart can accomplish. They are beating people to the puck, and they are able to create a lot of pressure down low. When they don't skate, and when they don't sacrifice to be in the "ugly" places, the bigger teams impose their will. When they hustle and sacrifice, like they have in the past two games, they show how a small, quick team can be dynamite. Still concerned about the PP, as it is still not clicking regularly, and the discipline last night was questionable, although an 8-3 powerplay quotient seems a bit suspect, but overall they are looking good. Nice to see RP getting fiery with the refs, nice to see Merkely coming out of his shell, nice to see Maxwell showing everyone how a small guy can be a giant killer, nice to see some hustle. Keep it up, boys!
    Better to be smarter than you look than to look smarter than you are....

Default great job boys....................

i'l be the first to wish that i am way off base when it come to the progress of this years team...all we can hope 4 is that this will be the turning point that all of us have been waiting the past 4 years...great to see the ladds playing well and hope it continues................great job canestrain..........
    GO CANES GO.................

Coming up to the game tonight, keep it up the good work, not often you see your team with a winning record....,KJ, just juicing you, hope its a good game tonight

Default ***?

Quote Originally Posted by shushu View Post
    i'l be the first to wish that i am way off base when it come to the progress of this years team...all we can hope 4 is that this will be the turning point that all of us have been waiting the past 4 years...great to see the ladds playing well and hope it continues................great job canestrain..........
    I am in shock.....I think I have finally heard it all....Shushu has a POSITIVE comment about this team. I did not think that I would live long enough to see this day....but....it has arrived. Nice to see that you CAN be positive. I knew that you had it in you. I agree, this brand of hockey is the best I have seen in a long time, and it is damned exciting. I think that maybe, perhaps, RP has actually done some well thought out drafting, and is starting to create a team that is loaded with talent. If what we have been watching for the past month is what we can look forward to for the next few years, then I am ready, willing, and able to climb back on the bandwagon!
    Better to be smarter than you look than to look smarter than you are....